Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer Who Shot Fort Hood Gunman Called A Hero

Neighbor: Hero cop always a ‘strong woman'

One neighbor wasn't at all surprised to hear that Sgt. Kimberly Munley acted heroically to stop a gunman's deadly rampage Thursday at Fort Hood.

“I've always found her to be a very strong woman,” said Erin Houston, who lives on Munley's street.

When many of the military wives on the block were caring for their families, while their husbands were deployed, Munley would keep an eye out for them and let them know of any criminal activity, Houston said. One night, after going on a date with her husband, she shooed away a couple of men trying to break into their house.

“She told them, ‘If you try to come in, I'm going to shoot you,' “ she said. “After they went away, she walked the neighbor — by herself — to make sure they were nowhere around.”

It was that kind of courageous fortitude that apparently kicked in for Munley on Thursday. Despite being wounded, she unloaded four rounds into the accused gunman, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, ending his shooting spree that killed 13 soldiers and wounded many others.

Munley remained hospitalized today.
    sigpic

" 'Blessed are the Peacemakers', is, I suppose, to be understood in the other world, for in this one they are frequently cursed." - Benjamin Franklin

She did a great job. God bless this Sister for her bravery....

Comment

+1
      She is a true warrior and hero!
      Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

she's my new hero!

On top of that she should be named officer of the year for her heroism.
        It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
        Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

Courage, bravery and a hero.

Thoughts and prayers to a speedy recovery. Great job sistah!!!
          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Damn straight she's a hero..she saved alot of lives by her actions.God Bless and Get Well Sgt Munley!

Comment

http://www.lvrj.com/opinion/stood-he...-69451432.html

I love this article, "acquired a sight picture and fired center mass" WOW!!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6907235.ece

Comment

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n5563304.shtml

Comment

Curious, I wonder what the assailant thought when he saw or realized that a female was taking him out. Most Muslims look at females as the "lesser"'gender. Bet it was a change of perspective.

Our Texas ladies shoot back!!!!!

Comment

Drives me nuts that everyone is misspelling KILLEEN in their articles and reports and even 'the crawl' on FOX has it spelled with one L. Just sayin..
                    Originally posted by crass cop
                    Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Federal View Post
                      Curious, I wonder what the assailant thought when he saw or realized that a female was taking him out. Most Muslims look at females as the "lesser"'gender. Bet it was a change of perspective.

Our Texas ladies shoot back!!!!!
                      +1!
                      Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
                      Toby Keith

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3187 users online. 144 members and 3043 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X