Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nefto
    replied
    Most of my academy class lived in the woods 10 years ago.

My suggestion for apartment hunting in the city of Dallas is real simple. Go by and check it out in the daytime. If you think it would fit your budget and seems safe, don't sign a contract. Tell the leasing agent you need to think it over. Then drive back by at night. If you see people roaming the parking lots and just hanging out, look elsewhere. There are a lot of apartment complexes in Dallas that have been built in the last couple years, so they look nice, but are super ghetto once the sun goes down.

Leave a comment:

• JTShooter
    replied
    if you don't mind paying $750+ a month...

Leave a comment:

• nsdq96
    replied
    yea, i did a street view on google and it looked ghetto. I will give the woods a call and get a place going. - Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• JTShooter
    replied
    Originally posted by nsdq96 View Post
    Everyone, looking at "the woods" and a few others; does anyone know about Cielo Ranch apartments? Looking for a little lower rent than "the woods" but for all that comes with it (close to academy, quiet and little or no crime) - looks hard to beat.
    Dude, I drive by those apartments when I go to Walmart... Gannon Lane is home to a lot of section 8 housing... They look nice on the outside, but the surrounding area....

The only reason why the woods is so nice even though it's in the same area is because of the high rent AND the fact that there are a crap ton of LE living here...

If you want to live "near" the academy, look at Cedar Hill or even Arlington.

Leave a comment:

• nsdq96
    replied
    Everyone, looking at "the woods" and a few others; does anyone know about Cielo Ranch apartments? Looking for a little lower rent than "the woods" but for all that comes with it (close to academy, quiet and little or no crime) - looks hard to beat.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thank you

Thanks everyone who replied to my messages I took a lot of consideration on each one of them.
    I have found a place that I will be moving in on Saturday. It's on the North part of Dallas. I don't mind driving down to the academy. It's easier to drive here than NJ. Police academy starts tomorrow, I can't wait.

Take care y'all.

Leave a comment:

• JTShooter
    replied
    Originally posted by 724CM View Post
    JTthat's exactly the answer I was looking for. Is it far from the ghetto? When you lived there, did you had any problems with parking? and or worried that may get stolen etc..?
    Since "Lincoln Properties" has taken over, there hasn't been many issues. They are quick to fine people for infractions ($250 average) so most people keep their **** together. I've only heard of one burglary in one of the first floor apartments, but the officer I spoke to (when they were here) said it looked like someone the resident knew did it, as there were no signs of forced entry.

As far as the ghetto... well, we're damn close here, but it's not anything horrible.

In our complex there are mostly cops, recruits, teachers, and nurses. Oh, and we have a live in "courtesy officer." It's dead quiet during the day, even on the weekends. It's a nice place, but it is expensive. I plan on moving once my lease is up.

Leave a comment:

• TBuch
    replied
    I had a classmate who still stays in the woods, he never had any problems the entire time in the academy. we would go to his place for lunch, it was nice being that close.

Leave a comment:

• MarineVet89
    replied
    live in the suburbs, the only place I would live in dallas is uptown or far north dallas, if I was single. If you have kids don't live anywhere in dallas

Leave a comment:

• Crimy
    replied
    Apartmentratings.com

Take with a grain of salt.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Nice

I took a look at the website it looks like a nice place. I will mark it and drive by to check the area when I am in there.
    Thanks

Originally posted by nsdq96 View Post
    This place looks good: http://www.cieloranchapts.com/ very close to the academy and by the freeway. Studio is $409/mo

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    JTthat's exactly the answer I was looking for. Is it far from the ghetto? When you lived there, did you had any problems with parking? and or worried that may get stolen etc..?

Leave a comment:

• icecoldblueyes
    replied
    Last edited by icecoldblueyes; 11-05-2009, 02:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FlashTACP
    replied
    Live in North Dallas. You will have a bit of a drive, but you won't have to worry about your apartment or car being broken into. Also, you could live in the many surrounding suburbs. South Arlington and South Grand Prairie are nice and you are minutes away from the academy. I-20 is an ease compared to the other highways...

Leave a comment:

• JTShooter
    replied
    I live in the woods... it's great having to only drive 20 seconds to work... however the rent is high...

The area isn't all that bad... it's right on the cusp of the true ghetto... but the high rent keeps most of the "undesirables" out...

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6259 users online. 347 members and 5912 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X