300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PT question

My question is, when assigned to your actual dept. how often do you guys do organized PT? Also, i've seen the standards to graduate most academies and they seem pretty easy after being in the Military so long, do they get harder after you graduate. How often do you do PT tests after the academy? Thanks guys, i tried looking this up but to no avail

I dont know of ANY department that does organized PT. We have a PT test every 6 months but we dont have like PT before shift or anything.
    Originally posted by crass cop
    Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Never heard of any department doing organized PT. Some do have annual PT tests.

Comment

Yep, what those guys said. I haven't had organized PT since the academy. My agency has ABSOLUTELY NO fitness standards. A couple of us bust our butts to stay fit-to-fight but most of our department just fatten up and live a sedentary life style and blame it on our schedule and say they "don't have time" to work out. I keep trying to prod our higher ups to institute some type of standard, even if it's something simple like a maximum body mass index, a maximum waist size, or even a short simple agility course based on our daily duties. They won't do it because it "discriminates" against our fatties. 75% of my agency is average build, half are just a few pounds overweight but still keep a professional appearance, a couple of us try our hardest, but there are a few that are so grossly obese that they literally can't reach their magazines or other items on their belt without leaning back, sucking it in, and straining.

Most departments are like that. If you get hired on, keep up your own workout schedule because your department won't help you.

Comment

Wow, i figured most agencies would do it at least once a week or so. So what happens when people fail these PT tests then? You can really punish them when you never do PT.

Comment

Absolutely no PT standards around here... no organzied PT either.
            sigpic
            Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestarcop View Post
              Wow, i figured most agencies would do it at least once a week or so. So what happens when people fail these PT tests then? You can really punish them when you never do PT.

We're actually in court right now regarding this issue. Its coming down to civil service rules.
              Originally posted by crass cop
              Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5711 users online. 314 members and 5397 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X