Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lonestarcop
    replied
    My apology rush, your correct i was thinking of my local sheriff's office. Good correction

Leave a comment:

• JTShooter
    replied
    I look like a pilot in my hat....

Leave a comment:

• Rush817
    replied
    Originally posted by Lonestarcop View Post
    I always liked the troopers hats, reminds me of those damned old drill sgts.
    How does the trooper's hat remind you of a DI hat? DI hats are round Smokey The Bear looking hats and TX Troopers wear cowboy style hats.

Leave a comment:

• JTShooter
    replied
    I don't have the general orders on me, but iirc, hair needs to be off the collar, off your ears, and neat in appearance..

Leave a comment:

• Greg34
    replied
    What is DPD's Hair Policy for Men? Obviously it has to be short, but do they prefer military cuts or can you have a little on the top and sides?

Leave a comment:

• icecoldblueyes
    replied
    I figured a pic was better than trying to describe it. haha I hated wearing mine... didn't help that it was slightly too big.

Leave a comment:

• Lonestarcop
    replied
    Hey thanks for the pic I never really liked those hats except for ceremonies really. I always liked the troopers hats, reminds me of those damned old drill sgts.

Leave a comment:

• icecoldblueyes
    replied
    Originally posted by Lonestarcop View Post
    What hats do you guys wear? Like the DPS or something different

Leave a comment:

• david_in_texas
    replied
    Originally posted by MarineVet89 View Post
    Some special events they make us wear it, like the fair, stuff at the AAC, and anything dealing with traffic control. It is supposed to be so that in large crowds we can see each other easier I think. Other than that I only wear it when it rains.
    Thanks. That kinda makes sense I guess.

David

Leave a comment:

• Lonestarcop
    replied
    What hats do you guys wear? Like the DPS or something different

Leave a comment:

• Crimy
    replied
    Would hate to be forced to wear a hat unless it's ceremonial.

Leave a comment:

• MarineVet89
    replied
    Some special events they make us wear it, like the fair, stuff at the AAC, and anything dealing with traffic control. It is supposed to be so that in large crowds we can see each other easier I think. Other than that I only wear it when it rains.

Leave a comment:

• david_in_texas
    started a topic Dallas PD Uniform policy question

Dallas PD Uniform policy question

Hey all,

Just a random question.

I was in Dallas at the AAC on Sunday and noticed that the Dallas officers working there all had their hats on (it was sunny outside).

Then on Monday I was watching Oprah with the wife (the one where she was at the State Fair, I don't normally watch it) and again saw the Dallas officers in their hats.

Is it policy for Dallas officers to always wear them in uniform?

Again, no big deal, just something that runs through my head at 2:23am trying to stay up late before I go back to work tomorrow night.

Stay safe all,
    David

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3934 users online. 259 members and 3675 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X