300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAPD Jan. 2010 Class

I was wondering if anyone else has applied for the San Antonio Police Department. And if so have you heard anything yet from your BI? I passed the written and the P.A.T. then I turned in my Personal History Statement along with the rest of the required documents a month ago but I am not sure how long it takes in order to hear back anything. The class starts at the beginning of Jan. so I assumed the process would start about now. But for all I know they could be running a BI on me right now which I hope is the case but I don't know.

But anyway, if anyone's BI has begun.. did you get a call from your BI or did you call and find out? I don't want to call because I know they have a stack load of paperwork from applicants to look at and I don't want to annoy them when I know that they are doing their job and at their own pace.

Also if anyone has any information about the SAPD academy i'd appreciated it!

Great News!! The background went smooth as it should have. Now I am going to take my Oral Board Assessment next week! I am ready, as I have been preparing myself for a while now for this opportunity and I will do my best to not blow it. I hope that I excel and do not crumble under the pressure.

I wanted to say good luck to all the other applicants taking their oral next week or any day soon for that matter. I hope everyone does a great job.. I here this is an extremely tough oral board so I will do my best to impress.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown1022 View Post
      Great News!! The background went smooth as it should have. Now I am going to take my Oral Board Assessment next week! I am ready, as I have been preparing myself for a while now for this opportunity and I will do my best to not blow it. I hope that I excel and do not crumble under the pressure.
      Congrats - I wish HPD moved as quickly as SAPD

Comment

Thanks Cj.. How is the process in Houston going for you? What phase are you in right now?

Comment

Originally posted by Brown1022 View Post
          Thanks Cj.. How is the process in Houston going for you? What phase are you in right now?
          The waiting Phase LOL... I put my application in on 10/04 but as I understand it takes a couple of months just to get called in for initial interview. And with only 2 classes scheduled in 2010 it's not looking pretty, both are probably full already.

Comment

I definitely feel you! As they say.. the waiting is the hardest part! Have you applied at any other agency? I had an officer tell me to always apply to more than one agency because this is a competitive career choice and you could get knocked out of one agency process for any type of reason(s) so it is best to always have back up choices as well. But if you only want to work for HPD than just stick with that and I wish the best for you..

Maybe you should give them a call just to see if someone got ahold of your application. I spoke with a recruiter for HPD and she said it should only take 6 weeks for them to obtain your application but I do know they are extremely busy with the number of applicants so yeah it is a high possibility they haven't glanced at it yet. The waiting sucks so bad but hang in there and I would consider apply to different departments as well.

Comment

I officially got accepted into the academy!! Man this is a dream come true!! Good luck to everyone else applying for any other agency!!

Comment

Congrats Brown! Good luck.

Comment

Congrats! You should be proud and excited.
                  "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

I am very excited and so ready! Thanks!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5598 users online. 327 members and 5271 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X