X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas police gave 38 improper no-English tickets

WTF, that is going to cost some cash...

AP 10/23/09

DALLAS - Police officials say they have uncovered 38 cases where Dallas officers improperly cited drivers for not being able to speak English.
    Chief David Kunkle said Friday the discovery came after a woman was pulled over earlier this month for making an illegal U-turn and was given a ticket for being a "non-English speaking driver."

Kunkle said his department's computer system for citations has a pull-down menu that includes a law requiring drivers of commercial vehicles to speak English.

The chief said it was a federal law that was misapplied to local drivers of private vehicles.

Kunkle says at least six officers wrote the citations. He said the officers and their commanders are under investigation.

A good ticket is_________________________________ anyone? anyone?

a paid ticket.
    Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

wow all I can say is "NO TANGO ISS OK"

Comment

Under Investigation?

Any bets on the officers punishments? Im going to go with a few days off knowing Kunkle is at the wheel.

Misunderstood the way the computer had it listed, dismiss the citation tell the officers don't write those again unless its a CMV and be done with it.

Comment

Seriously, he doesn't stick up for his guys... We aren't god, and we will make mistakes. As long as the citations weren't intentional, apologize for the confusion and move on.

Comment

Honest mistake from a rookie who is learning......

Not to mention it is a actual law for commercial drivers (taxi drivers)

but never mind that, follow Kunkles philosophy "FRY EM"

time for a new chief.............

Comment

Originally posted by DerekFiveO View Post
              Honest mistake from a rookie who is learning......

Not to mention it is a actual law for commercial drivers (taxi drivers)

but never mind that, follow Kunkles philosophy "FRY EM"

time for a new chief.............
              No Kunkle is the Chief that Dallas City council wants. Someone that will kiss their butts.

Comment

I was watching the news about this on NBC 5 in Dallas yesterday. As always, they made the officer look like an ***. They gave the woman's point of view, through her English speaking attorney, but never once said that the law is an actual law, but it was only misapplied. I try to only watch Fox 4 news, at least they try and get the facts straight.
                sigpic

" 'Blessed are the Peacemakers', is, I suppose, to be understood in the other world, for in this one they are frequently cursed." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Can you now say civil lawsuit??? Discrimination, or somewhere along the lines of defamation of character??? Just another ambulance chaser. $$$$$$

Comment

this is too funny, I wish I could issue these where I work. No one "hablos english" until the pen or cuffs come out, then everyone hablos and comprendes very well

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5454 users online. 302 members and 5152 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X