300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZoomByU View Post
    Our system is exactly the same as yours just ours is a little quicker but seriously it is think about it. We basically arrest someone and if the ADA rejects charges we let them go, unless we find some class c stuff. Yours you arrest them, book them, and if the ADA wants to drop the charges they get kicked loose. Essentially both ways accomplish the same exact thing just in a different time frame.
    Yeah but with yours they dont take the ride to jail. For some thats the main goal! haha. But yeah i guess they both work just to us who are not used to having to call anyone to confirm an arrest it seems silly.

However, im sure yall have gotten good at "articulation" so if you really want them to take the ride, they are gonna take the ride.

Comment

When I worked in Harris County, we had to fill out a DA intake sheet. It wasn't really a sheet, it was ten pages on the computer. Even before we had computers, the only computer around was to enter DA intake info. It wasn't until I went to work for another county did I realize that Harris County is the only one who does it that way. Like I said before, it's really not a bad deal. If you've ever been sued in federal court, you'll know that those extra layers of protection in filing charges, can save you a lot of grief.
      sigpic

" 'Blessed are the Peacemakers', is, I suppose, to be understood in the other world, for in this one they are frequently cursed." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Harris County is not all that bad. When I worked there you can talk a DA into taking the charge or talk them out of it..it's really easy. The fact is, Harris County probably has more agencies within it than most any other city in Texas and as such, would be INUNDATED with arrests and spillover if there was not some type of preventative measure set in place by calling the DAs office. There are over 9000 inmates in the Harris County jail so I can understand why the DA wants to hear the case by case issue. However, if they refuse a charge that you really want, at least the way I used to do it, was to ask for a written refusal....if they did that, they have to explain to the head cheese why they refused a charge and when I asked for one, I always got the charge accepted. It was actually kinda cool to have the monkey lifted off your back and say to someone who was making a huge issue out of something, 'look buddy, the DA won't take it, there's nothing more I can do.'

In my current county, we don't ask for permission from the DA for misdemeanors but we do have to call the on call Felony DA for any felony charge. The only problem with that is dealing with a cranky a55 DA when you wake them up at 2 in the morning.
        Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3636 users online. 224 members and 3412 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X