Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you believe this?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can you believe this?

    Apparently in the 09' legislature, they passed a requirement dealio with racial profiling laws requiring that a citation now have a block if an officer recognized the violator's race prior to the stop. Are you freakin' serious? My department is redoing our citations to abide by this requirement. Has anybody else heard of this?

  • #2
    Yeah, we got new citations this year, for that, and they prefilled our court information in finally!

    It's crazy, thank you Sen. West!
    sigpic
    Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

    Comment


    • #3
      We have a racial profiling screen on our computer and that is one of the questions it ask.
      Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

      Comment


      • #4
        We all are racists and they will continue to change the law until they prove it.
        sigpic

        " 'Blessed are the Peacemakers', is, I suppose, to be understood in the other world, for in this one they are frequently cursed." - Benjamin Franklin

        Comment


        • #5
          We got our cite books changed a couple of months ago. Times r getting more interesting.

          Comment


          • #6
            Not really, just dont check the box.

            I thought about checking the box for every white person I stopped for 3 months, then stop that and check em for every non-white person I stop and see how long it takes for me to get a call.

            Comment


            • #7
              Also, now there is a clause for domestic violence that has to be added if you issue citations for assault by contact. Our department is looking at making a whole different citation for non-traffic violations. Just call them Field Release Citation, and issue those for non-traffic violations. The clause is a whole paragraph long.... Pretty soon, citations are just going to be a hassle..

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bell4fan View Post
                Not really, just dont check the box.

                I thought about checking the box for every white person I stopped for 3 months, then stop that and check em for every non-white person I stop and see how long it takes for me to get a call.
                I like your idea. Might as well just check that box everytime to CYA. Even if you didn't recognize the person's race before the stop, they're gonna come back and call you a liar.
                "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by iamacop View Post
                  Also, now there is a clause for domestic violence that has to be added if you issue citations for assault by contact. Our department is looking at making a whole different citation for non-traffic violations. Just call them Field Release Citation, and issue those for non-traffic violations. The clause is a whole paragraph long.... Pretty soon, citations are just going to be a hassle..
                  Why would it matter? Most domestics we go to are calls for service, which don't apply to the racial profiling laws.
                  Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i still havent checked the box. 99% of the time I really dont know the race, and when I do know, I usually forget to check it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Rush817 View Post
                      Why would it matter? Most domestics we go to are calls for service, which don't apply to the racial profiling laws.
                      I'm not saying it applies to racial profiling laws.. There is now a new requirement to have written information about domestic violence on tickets if your agency issues citations for assault by contact, family violence.. I'll try to find it and post it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by iamacop View Post
                        I'm not saying it applies to racial profiling laws.. There is now a new requirement to have written information about domestic violence on tickets if your agency issues citations for assault by contact, family violence.. I'll try to find it and post it.
                        If this is true then YEA!!! for redundancy to paper work as the citation I issue has a service number to one of our electronic reports that includes all the information that is needed, then a state family violence bubble sheet gets filled out and sent to the state.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Pretty soon citations are going to be as long as grocery store receipts.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Rush817 View Post
                            We have a racial profiling screen on our computer and that is one of the questions it ask.
                            Can you also order a double-quarter pounder with cheese on ur puter??? I use my puter to hold my soft drinks and sandwich. You just gotta shut the flap down and it's a nice leveled out sandwich and soda holder..

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by iamacop View Post
                              Pretty soon citations are going to be as long as grocery store receipts.
                              Our warnings are longer than our citations.........

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 6268 users online. 371 members and 5897 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X