300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me, or....

does being a cop in Texas rock? Yup, the good Ol' Lone Star State. I love this place.... The Republic of Texas, yup, that's us. I was in PA last year with family. My bro in-law's friend was visiting from some other state. He's a cop and their state or department does not allow consent searches. I forgot which one it is... WTF? I told him that his state/department sucks, and Texas rules. Yup, Texas is my place, born and raised... We have everything.. Gosh I love this state.

One of our Sergeants was telling us about an experience while on vacation in NYC... can you believe they have to check their duty weapon OUT at the beginning of their shift and then turn it back in at the end!?

I love this state!
    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Originally posted by JTShooter View Post
      One of our Sergeants was telling us about an experience while on vacation in NYC... can you believe they have to check their duty weapon OUT at the beginning of their shift and then turn it back in at the end!?

I love this state!
      Not to mention your first 18-months walking on patrol... Gosh, I love this state.

Comment

Texas rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by shlsmv View Post
          Texas rocks!
          Texas, everything else is just a state.
          sigpic

" 'Blessed are the Peacemakers', is, I suppose, to be understood in the other world, for in this one they are frequently cursed." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Strong penal code, lots of tools in the tool box; can arrest on traffic, PI, etc.

Conservative Criminal Justice system, death row capital of the world.

Yes, Texas cops are blessed compared to most other states.

Comment

Isn't she beautiful?

GOD BLESS TEXAS!
              sigpic
              Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAggieOfc View Post

Isn't she beautiful?

GOD BLESS TEXAS!
                Everybody bow down to our flag...

Comment

Originally posted by JTShooter View Post

I love this state!
                  First, my apologies for being out of my lane here...being from the NE.

I've got a few friends in the Lone Start state so every once in a while I surf through your state thread....

Just as an FYI...the person JT's sergeants spoke to was obviously NOT a NYC police officer. NYPD officers do not have to check their weapons at end of tour. He may've been speaking to some other kind of psuedo-LE type person. There are a million and one LE or LE type agencies running around the big apple....
                  Went to Get a Cold Pop

Comment

Originally posted by ShantyIrish View Post

I've got a few friends in the Lone Start state so every once in a while I surf through your state thread....

Just as an FYI...the person JT's sergeants spoke to was obviously NOT a NYC police officer. NYPD officers do not have to check their weapons at end of tour. He may've been speaking to some other kind of psuedo-LE type person. There are a million and one LE or LE type agencies running around the big apple....
                    Who are you to invade our thread, you Yankee! Jk. We welcome foreigners anytime.. Welcome to our fine state, please present your passport for stamping.

Comment

I miss the great "country" of Texas.
                      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
                      and I'm not sure about the former.
                      -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

Hey....I love Texas. I hate the northeast and the whole yankee thing. Doesn't that count for something...lol. I'm about as redneck as one can get and still reside in a northern state....lol

I've got buddies in Terrell, Dallas, Denton County, know some guys down south along the border working CBP in B-Ville...Greatest guys in the world.
                        Went to Get a Cold Pop

Comment

Hey....I love Texas. I hate the northeast and the whole yankee thing. Doesn't that count for something...lol. I'm about as redneck as one can get and still reside in a northern state....lol

I've got buddies in Terrell, Dallas, Denton County, know some guys down south along the border working CBP in B-Ville...Greatest guys in the world.
                          Sweet, I'll be in Dallas this weekend visitin. You must praise our worthy flag now..

Comment

Fair nuff... he said he had his car towed while on vacation and went into a precinct to see if he could find out where it went... a cop, in uniform, couldn't find his pistol so he "borrowed" the guy at the desk's pistol to go on patrol... the guy at the desk explained that it wasn't an issue since they signed out their pistols at the beginning of the shift...
                            “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Definitely love this state! The respect for LE is much greater here I believe. Off duty carrying by LE is actually frowned upon in some parts of the northeast. Ridiculous!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6369 users online. 363 members and 6006 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X