X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beavo451
    replied
    Originally posted by JTShooter View Post

About the taser, I asked and was told that they were looking at issuing them this new fiscal year, but nothing has been put into place yet.
    Lol, apparently they say that every year.

Leave a comment:

• JTShooter
    replied
    Originally posted by Marp0d View Post
    I am gonna be broke as a joke when I get down there. How soon do you get paid and when do you have to have the boots and shoes?
    Your first paycheck you'll have in hand in 16 days (direct deposit after that)

They won't require you to have your boots/dickies until your second paycheck. You'll need running shoes right away though.

----

About the taser, I asked and was told that they were looking at issuing them this new fiscal year, but nothing has been put into place yet.

Leave a comment:

• beavo451
    replied
    Originally posted by jerhendr2203 View Post
    in regards to the duty gear, does the leather have black, silver, or hidden snaps?
    Hidden

Leave a comment:

• jerhendr2203
    replied
    in regards to the duty gear, does the leather have black, silver, or hidden snaps?

Leave a comment:

• beavo451
    replied
    Originally posted by jerhendr2203 View Post
    I do believe that you get your first paycheck 16 days after your start date, I could be mistaken, but I have inquired about this same subject. Ive take a second job and started saving every bit I can.
    Don't forget about the Dickies you have to buy for academy uniforms.

Leave a comment:

• jerhendr2203
    replied
    I do believe that you get your first paycheck 16 days after your start date, I could be mistaken, but I have inquired about this same subject. Ive take a second job and started saving every bit I can.

Leave a comment:

• Marp0d
    replied
    I am gonna be broke as a joke when I get down there. How soon do you get paid and when do you have to have the boots and shoes?

Leave a comment:

• SBean06
    replied
    How is Dallas coming along as far as equipment they finally getting the vehicles they need to atleast make sure everyone on shift has one and other stuff?

Leave a comment:

• powerstroked
    replied
    I got my taser just before graduation but I work in Austin

Leave a comment:

• MarineVet89
    replied
    Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
    I think he means they get one of those Salmon colored training Tasers. I see the recruits wear them at the academy. AFAIK, none of the new recruits have showed up with a personal issued Taser.
    I haven't seen recruits with any either, but it would really tick me off if they did that instead of sending more Tasers to the patrol stations.

Leave a comment:

• JTShooter
    replied
    I'll clarify tomorrow... but our coordinator has told us something contrary....

Leave a comment:

• thebakdrifter
    replied
    Just to clarify, you do not get a taser. You check it out from the station each night. You will wear a pretend one while in the academy after you are certified, but it is not an issue item. Also, the baton is Monadnock instead of an ASP. Hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• beavo451
    replied
    Originally posted by MarineVet89 View Post
    Ya'll are getting issued a Taser at graduation? If so that is BS I have to check one out every day, if there are any available, and hope that the holster isn't broke.
    I think he means they get one of those Salmon colored training Tasers. I see the recruits wear them at the academy. AFAIK, none of the new recruits have showed up with a personal issued Taser.

Leave a comment:

• MarineVet89
    replied
    Originally posted by JTShooter View Post
    We'll get one at the end.

We are required to.
    Ya'll are getting issued a Taser at graduation? If so that is BS I have to check one out every day, if there are any available, and hope that the holster isn't broke.

Leave a comment:

• JTShooter
    replied
    Ya'll got a Taser?
    We'll get one at the end.

Unless it has changed, you are required to shower after PT/DT sessions.
    We are required to.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5272 users online. 275 members and 4997 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X