300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty Gear

Can anyone tell me what all Dallas issues while in the academy? I know at one point they were issuing Safariland Plain Black Gear, is this still the same? Is this Glossy or Matte Black? Do they issue cuffs, batons....? My parents are looking to send me off with more than enough equipment, birthday/going away gifts, Any suggestions on what they could purchase?

Thanks in Advance!

Safariland matte black. You'll get issued one set of cuffs, an ASP, radio, pistol, OC, and Taser....
    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

had a feeling you would answer! thanks

Comment

You can change around some of your gear (within the general orders guidelines) after the academy...

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Hey bro they dont issue boots and that can be a pretty pricey item so that might be somethin to think about. Id def get ones with side zippers so u can change quickly. you will also need wrestling shoes as close to all black as possible again another non issued item that u can easy drop $50 on. hope tht helps.
          "Without Knowledge, Skill cannot be focused. Without Skill, Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength, Knowledge may not be applied."

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of the agency.

Comment

speaking of changing, how much time do you usually have between DT/PT and classroom, enough time to shower?

Comment

uhhh tht depends if u r in pt cuz yer in trouble or because it was scheduled! haha...thts bout the best i can give ya.
              "Without Knowledge, Skill cannot be focused. Without Skill, Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength, Knowledge may not be applied."

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of the agency.

Comment

Originally posted by JTShooter View Post
                Safariland matte black. You'll get issued one set of cuffs, an ASP, radio, pistol, OC, and Taser....

Ya'll got a Taser?

Comment

Originally posted by jerhendr2203 View Post
                  speaking of changing, how much time do you usually have between DT/PT and classroom, enough time to shower?
                  Unless it has changed, you are required to shower after PT/DT sessions.

Comment

yeah tht wld b nice but it def has NOT played out tht way everytime.

Comment

Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
                      Ya'll got a Taser?
                      We'll get one at the end.

Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
                      Unless it has changed, you are required to shower after PT/DT sessions.
                      We are required to.

Comment

Originally posted by JTShooter View Post
                        We'll get one at the end.

We are required to.
                        Ya'll are getting issued a Taser at graduation? If so that is BS I have to check one out every day, if there are any available, and hope that the holster isn't broke.
                        "Out of every 100 men sent to battle, 10 shouldn't even be there, 80 are just targets, 9 are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a Warrior and he will bring the others back." -Heraclitus

Comment

Originally posted by MarineVet89 View Post
                          Ya'll are getting issued a Taser at graduation? If so that is BS I have to check one out every day, if there are any available, and hope that the holster isn't broke.
                          I think he means they get one of those Salmon colored training Tasers. I see the recruits wear them at the academy. AFAIK, none of the new recruits have showed up with a personal issued Taser.

Comment

Just to clarify, you do not get a taser. You check it out from the station each night. You will wear a pretend one while in the academy after you are certified, but it is not an issue item. Also, the baton is Monadnock instead of an ASP. Hope this helps
                            Academy Graduation Dec. 18, 2009

Comment

I'll clarify tomorrow... but our coordinator has told us something contrary....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4331 users online. 274 members and 4057 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X