300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reason for DPD DQ's

I want to thank this forum for all the support and stress...hehe! But the only reason why im sharing this because i don't think i'm going to go through the police process for awhile now. I must say i've applied to a couple agencies and received the "NO" letter with out a reason why. I'm happy for the fact that dpd has shared the info with me so that I can try an fix whatever issues that may be floating out there in my life. Also im not looking for anyones pity but i want to help those who maybe curious about applying. Alright, well I got my DQ letter on the sixth of Oct. I hope this thread keeps going because what I’m about to say may be useful to others who may want to start the process. Here is a little bit on the BG

1. At the age of 18 i had a theft of a $140 and gave out some food to some friends while working. Anyways to make a long story short i did it because i wanted to be a bad *** and not thinking about the future consequences of my actions. Got to the station and the police said you were going to spend the rest of your life in jail and i basically cried and was like, what do i have to do because i thought it would be a slap on the wrist. "signs these and we will let you go" the officer told me. Sure i thought i was in the clear two weeks later got a summons in the mail saying i took $140 a day for 3 months which is a felony. Anyhow the judge was like, what the heck, how can someone take that much when he didn't work 7 days a week when he's in highschool and reduced it down to a misdemeanor and later dismissed the case based on false information.

2. Signed up with the navy and decided to straighten out my life. Well i put my background to the test and joined the silent service (submarines)... and had the court documents proving it was dismissed. Basically the recruiter at the time interpreted the question have you ever been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony the wrong way and basically gave me false information that later messed me over. Well after being convinced that it wasn't committed i checked the little box "NO" and a year later in sub school navy investigators came back and told me that i lied about my disposition case. Anyways somewhere in the "system" it was still showing felony pending. I guess y2k hit it..hehehe.. But anyhow i ended up getting my clearance and not having anymore problems about the incident.

3. Got reduced in ranked in my last few months in the navy for having a camera phone on the sub(blackmailed). So it just added to the stack of problems. I admitted to it even though it was non judicial punishment meaning that it wouldn't be in my military records but basically like a slap on the wrist. Did 4yrs and got out with an honorable.

4. Couple of tickets 55 n 50 and a seatbelt, and smoked MJ once at the age 15

So to sum this up

I gotten this case expunged when i got out of the military. Its not found through the county,state,or federal system but the only place i forgot to send the expungment to was the naval records. So when they did my BI they ended up finding through the records and basically i need to wait a couple of years and get the expungment to the military records. And for those who don't know you can't get a conviction expunged.

My suggestion:
    If you’re planning on applying for the police department make sure all your records are properly expunged and there is no paper trails. I'm not suggesting that you hide your crime but in my case a false police report that i accidentally signed was still out there and forgotten to look into it. Check your military records because if and expungment is done correctly then it can't be found. But now that I’ve been applying I left a paper trail so now i must wait and do all this explanation all over again. Thanks guys

*FORGIVE THE GRAMMER TYPING IT ON MY PHONE*
    Last edited by Lloyd82; 10-13-2009, 09:54 PM.

I thought non judicial punishment didn't take your rank?

Comment

Anything can happen to you in Non Judicial punishment except them giving you the 3day bread and water treatment.

Comment

Im really sorry Lloyd...That sucks! i dont knw what else to say i know u have really been waitin a long time. I think its pretty big of ya though to share what went down so others can learn from it. Good luck bro...dont b a stranger.
        "Without Knowledge, Skill cannot be focused. Without Skill, Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength, Knowledge may not be applied."

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of the agency.

Comment

What boat did you qual on? I qualified on the 756 and put the 714 in prtmouth for a URO and then got out

Comment

Hey, i was on the OHIO and my rate was a YN from 02-05. *****One last note for the guys.. my credit score is 760 and All my employers had something good to say so that wasn't a issue for me. ****

JC BUDDY your a good friend bro i appreciate it.. If i ever win the lottery again ill make sure ill buy you a house or something.. ;o). By the way it don't bother me sharing because my mistakes may help another people. I'm willing to help anyone... ! Anyways hit me up on aim sometime.. ill check this from time to time..
            Last edited by Lloyd82; 10-13-2009, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Theft is always a hard hurrdle to over come. However I am not sure why you were DQ'ed. Was it because you did not tell them of the theft? If you did, weren't they concerned about it at the time of your poly? Secondly, that was quite a long time, still confused on why they care now.

As for the NJP(Captains Mast) You knew it was a rule, you knew the consequences and you still did it, when you were in a position of trust, YN's work for Officers. And as someone who had an NJP in the National Guard, I know how it feels.

Thirdly, did you tell all the recruiters all this? Because they are really good at telling whether your qualified or not.

But I have been in your shoes, I did not DQ'ed, but that letter hits you like a rock in your stomach.

Try Corrections, the bar is a bit lower and can lead to a LE job.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

They investigated your Military Personnel Record? I had an NJP that was over-turned on appeal, but it wasn't until after I got out that I was informed it was overturned. More than likely, it's still showing a "conviction" in my record due to me fact that I left the unit shortly after my appeal was submitted and not finding out the results until after I was already out of Active Duty.

I bet anyone it's still showing a NJP in my records. Looks like I need request a copy of my Naval Records. ****!!!!!
                Last edited by precision40; 10-14-2009, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raidergx View Post
                  Theft is always a hard hurrdle to over come. However I am not sure why you were DQ'ed. Was it because you did not tell them of the theft? If you did, weren't they concerned about it at the time of your poly? Secondly, that was quite a long time, still confused on why they care now.

As for the NJP(Captains Mast) You knew it was a rule, you knew the consequences and you still did it, when you were in a position of trust, YN's work for Officers. And as someone who had an NJP in the National Guard, I know how it feels.

Thirdly, did you tell all the recruiters all this? Because they are really good at telling whether your qualified or not.

But I have been in your shoes, I did not DQ'ed, but that letter hits you like a rock in your stomach.

Try Corrections, the bar is a bit lower and can lead to a LE job.

Thanks for sharing.
                  1. The issue that i'm having with the theft is that its showing up something totally different when the court documents states dismissed. I signed for something that I didn't commit when I was 18. As it was put to me if I was a police officer had to testify in court the lawyers would pick me apart because its still showing up in public records and it shouldn't.

2. Sure it happened a long time ago but the expungment didn't go all the way through. Dallas saved me $1000's because if I didn't get on here I would've applied to several other places running into the same barricade. I suggest if someone get something expunged make sure the extra time to find out who has copies of the arrest records and police reports on hand ;because the lesson I learned was that you have to follow a expungment all the way through and not leave it up to the system to do it for you.

3. My NJP... ! Well when i spoken to the BI he told me his only concern was that I violated my conditions of my security clearance because I was suppose to a good sailor for the 4years when i was in the navy. And by going to captain mast I violated conditions of my security clearance supposedly. Because of that incident my security clearance was never revoked so i'm confused when he was telling me that I had to be a good sailor. I mean I could of went to captain mast for not tagging out a valve properly or by accidentally loading a round in a 9mm when doing turn over for watch. But you know the funny thing is about everyone had a camera phone on the boat but see by you being prior military you should know the game. If you don't play the way they want you to play then you will get messed over. I only had a few months left in the navy and this Chief wanted me to give him vacation time because he felt like he deserve extra time. Well told him I’m not risking my job and he basically said if I didn't do it then he will rat me out about my phone. Well I rather get a slap by the captain then being at court martial fighting for my honorable discharge. But when I presented that incident basically they told me that I didn't have proof of his blackmail so they dismissed the issue.

4. Yes I told the recruiters that the case was dismissed and showed them the actual facts of what the disposition were. I just need go dig a little deeper and get lies cleaned up.

I was upset for a couple of days because I didn't know why but after hearing what the issue was I could totally understand the reason behind their decision.
                  Last edited by Lloyd82; 10-14-2009, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by precision40 View Post
                    They investigated your Military Personnel Record? I had an NJP that was over-turned on appeal, but it wasn't until after I got out that I was informed it was overturned. More than likely, it's still showing a "conviction" in my record due to me fact that I left the unit shortly after my appeal was submitted and not finding out the results until after I was already out of Active Duty.

I bet anyone it's still showing a NJP in my records. Looks like I need request a copy of my Naval Records. ****!!!!!
                    Sure did! I made some phone calls today and if you need a correction in your military NAVAL records its DD149 Google it. You must submit with the documents to support your case. But i was told NJP doesn't go into your records. I made a self submission of my NJP so that’s how they were aware of it. But you can call 703-614-2133(naval records) to ask because i forgot to ask if NJPs are in your record . Also they can help you with that form if you have any questions. When I called they told me it takes 6-9 months for them to determine the outcome of your case. Here is another useful number 202-433-9520 NCIS records just in case. Now those who served in other branches you must call St.louis Military records headquarters to find out the process of getting records corrected 314-801-0800. But let me know what they say about NJPs
                    Last edited by Lloyd82; 10-14-2009, 05:52 PM.

Comment

I doubt it's different in the Navy, but you never know... but I've been informed that NJP is NOT in your personnel record in the military, as it's just that, NJP. Now if you had a Court's Martial or anything like that, then yes, it'll show...
                      “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

I know for a fact that NJP's (at least in the Navy prior to 1994) went in your Personnel Record because I actually saw mine before I got out...said something to the affect of "Captains mast held this date, suspended RIR, 2-week restriction to ship etc, forfeiture of 1/2 pay for one month..." It was a train-wreck, the Captain hammered every shop chief (15 of us) for "theft" after a few tools came up missing.....Being that the Captain of a Naval Vessel has almost unlimited authority at-sea, he made an example of everyone to prove his point.

Now the BIG question is....Did they blacken out that entry after my appeal came back in favor of me? Considering I had already left that unit and transfered back to civilian life when the appeal came back....I seriously doubt it, but I could be wrong.

Thanks for the numbers, I will try and get ahold of them. It's been 16 years since that happened so I no longer have any proof. I am an optimist though...

Comment

Good luck, I told my BI about my NJP and he said there was nothing in my personal records and that he's never seen anything "minor" like that show up before...
                          “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Yea DPD saw my NJP. Its all up to the paper pushers to put it on there. Them pesky YN's....

LLOYD: Never cross a Chief EVER!!!! That was a bad move.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3140 users online. 167 members and 2973 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X