300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• those sneaky Ft Worth officers...

I snapped this picture while in Ft Worth a few weeks ago.
    I guess they are hoping speeders will fly past w/out giving the "taxi cab" a 2nd thought...interesting idea

Hopefully some of the ft worth officers can chime in and shed some light on what the story is w/the cars

Last edited by Maverick1701; 10-12-2009, 04:01 AM.
    Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Actually, that's an anti-DWI tool to encourage people to call a cab instead of drinking and driving. They also did this over in Tyler. Here's the story from CBS19 in Tyler. The spanish on the side translates to Choose Your Ride.

Tyler Police Department and TxDOT have joined forces with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the Texas Department of Public Safety, the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission, and law enforcement agencies statewide to get drunk drivers off the road.

Tyler Police Department and TxDOT's campaign will feature special police cars, the back half of which will be wrapped to resemble taxicabs.

These vehicles will be emblazoned with the message "Choose Your Ride" and will appear throughout the campaign at bar and entertainment districts across Texas as well as in print.

The vehicles will to help remind motorists across that they have a decision when it comes to drinking and driving this Labor Day holiday.

They can choose to go home in a cab or the police will give them a ride, to jail.

During the two weeks between August 21st and September 7th, law enforcement statewide will be out in full force to arrest drunk drivers.

We'll have more on this story, tonight at 6 on KYTX CBS 19.
    http://www.cbs19.tv/Global/story.asp?S=10969327
    sigpic
    Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

They did the same here in Austin.

Comment

have any drunks accidently gotten into the back of one those units after hitting the bar? That would be a sight to see.

Comment

lol thanks guys! Now I know...and thats half the battle!

Also I tried to x-late the Spanish via babel-fish and it came up as "chooses his pased" which confused me even more
          Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Comment

Last edited by sillyapple; 10-12-2009, 11:08 AM. Reason: pic
            Integrity First
            Service Before Self
            Excellence In All We Do

Comment

down in Austin on what I believe is the municipal court building they have a massive poster facing I-35 that has a picture of one of those cars and says "Drink. Drive. Go to Jail....Choose Your Ride."

Pretty effective warning I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by CenTex View Post
                down in Austin on what I believe is the municipal court building they have a massive poster facing I-35 that has a picture of one of those cars and says "Drink. Drive. Go to Jail....Choose Your Ride."

Not effective enough for stupid people.

Comment

Originally posted by iamacop View Post
                  Not effective enough for stupid people.
                  It almost makes me want to become a microbiochemical engineer so I can create a zombie virus that only targets stupid people and chihuahuas. Butter my buns and call me a biscuit, that would be fun times.

Comment

Originally posted by CenTex View Post

I prefer to call it the main with muni in the back

Comment

Here in Houston, we have one as well..

Comment

they answered already...

nothing sneaky.

Comment

Its a new way to recover the city budget. When not responding to calls offer a ride for a fair. Need to get to the airport quickly, no problem.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3140 users online. 151 members and 2989 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X