300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applicants vs Slots per class

Anyone have a rough estimate on how many applicants DPD gets per class? I asked the recruiter and he told me he doesn't have that info. Somewhere I read where Ft. Worth had over a thousand applicants last time around and I can't remember if that was for one position or class.

I don't get alarmed by numbers as probably half get rejected right off the bat for not being filled out correctly and alot of the rest get booted for failure of PT, writtens, BG etc...

Anyone care to take a guess?

On average, on the weekend testing dates, they'll see about 80-150 people show up to test.

They try to get as many applicants into a class as possible. Most classes start between 40-50 recruits.
    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

They told us lat week in one of our classes that approx 10% of all applicants make it into the DPD academy. So if thats accurate, then based on the 40-50 number (my class started wth 52) then that means about 400-500 applicants. Not bad arithmetic for a guy from WV huh?? haha hope that answers yer question.
      "Without Knowledge, Skill cannot be focused. Without Skill, Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength, Knowledge may not be applied."

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of the agency.

Comment

Yes, thanks!!! I was figuring they try to screen as many as possible to get the highest quality guys (and gals) going into the Academy. I see no obstacles for me getting into the Academy other than my back. I can damn near walk a mile and a half in 19 minutes, but running 3 miles several times or more a week is a different story.

Once I'm confident my back is strong again, I will proceed. Thanks

Comment

Sounds good! I would def come to the academy in as good a condition as possible. (some of our class did not get that memo) PT is def above average and not at all to be compared to the "entry test" that recruiting gives to applicants. Good luck with the process! Hope to see ya soon! keep us posted.
          "Without Knowledge, Skill cannot be focused. Without Skill, Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength, Knowledge may not be applied."

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of the agency.

Comment

Originally posted by precision40 View Post
            Yes, thanks!!! I was figuring they try to screen as many as possible to get the highest quality guys (and gals) going into the Academy. I see no obstacles for me getting into the Academy other than my back. I can damn near walk a mile and a half in 19 minutes, but running 3 miles several times or more a week is a different story.

Once I'm confident my back is strong again, I will proceed. Thanks
            LOL at the bolded...

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Originally posted by JTShooter View Post
              On average, on the weekend testing dates, they'll see about 80-150 people show up to test.

They try to get as many applicants into a class as possible. Most classes start between 40-50 recruits.
              Before I left, the weekend testing was seeing upwards of 200. That doesn't include weekday testing. I have no idea how many show up for that.

The oral board and poly knock a lot out.
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
              and I'm not sure about the former.
              -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

Yeah i feel ya on that one JT!

Comment

Originally posted by icecoldblueyes View Post
                  Before I left, the weekend testing was seeing upwards of 200. That doesn't include weekday testing. I have no idea how many show up for that.

The oral board and poly knock a lot out.
                  When I went thru the testing in May (second week - weekday), we started with almost 100 people, but only 15-16 made it to the oral board from what I heard. I think some did get knocked out in the poly and i'm not sure how many got thru the oral. We were told (during the weekday testing) that the group at the end of April started with a little over 200 and 80 of them made it to the oral board.

Just thought id share that info with you all.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jc3855 View Post
                    Yeah i feel ya on that one JT!
                    I guess I was wrong Lol. Clean background and the ability to tie your shoes will get you in?

Comment

Originally posted by precision40 View Post
                      I guess I was wrong Lol. Clean background and the ability to tie your shoes will get you in?

Comment

Yea but the good news is that it will NOT keep them there. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the academy will most def find the soft spots

Comment

Originally posted by jc3855 View Post
                          Yea but the good news is that it will NOT keep them there. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the academy will most def find the soft spots
                          promises... promises...

Comment

haha...ok. Please allow me a "re-type"..... I am trully HOPING!!! that it finds them out! These will be the people who are our cover and mayb even our partners.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5078 users online. 288 members and 4790 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X