300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is.....

there an age restriction on having a passenger on a motorcycle??? That is the question "o" the day at work... Since kids have to be in booster seats, can they ride as a passenger on a motorcycle??

As of Sept 1, 2009, a motorcycle rider cannot have a passenger on his bike under the age of 5 unless the child is seated in a sidecar attached to the motorcycle.

Section 545.416, Transportation Code, is amended by adding Subsections (d) and (e) to read as follows:

(d) Except as provided by Subsection (e), an operator may not carry another person on a motorcycle unless the other person is at least five years of age. An offense under this subsection is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not less than $100 or more than $200. It is a defense to prosecution under this subsection that the operator was operating the motorcycle in an emergency or for a law enforcement purpose.

(e) Subsection (d) does not prohibit an operator from carrying on a motorcycle a person younger than five years of age who is seated in a sidecar attached to the motorcycle.
    Last edited by kcso; 10-07-2009, 04:03 PM.
    sigpic

" 'Blessed are the Peacemakers', is, I suppose, to be understood in the other world, for in this one they are frequently cursed." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Thank you sir.....or ma'am...

Comment

Originally posted by iamacop View Post
        Thank you sir.....or ma'am...
        You're welcome brother. I hope your back gets better.
        sigpic

" 'Blessed are the Peacemakers', is, I suppose, to be understood in the other world, for in this one they are frequently cursed." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4500 users online. 233 members and 4267 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X