300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you answer this question?

So im getting this question from friends and family a lot lately...
    " Why dont you want people knowing you are a cop??"

Just curious how you guys would or do answer....

Because I said so...

Comment

Because when I'm on duty I'm a cop. When I'm off duty, I don't give a shat........unless I want to.

Plus, I don't want to draw any attention to myself. If I decide to let the world know I'm a cop, it'll be on my terms.

Comment

Originally posted by 913 View Post
        Because when I'm on duty I'm a cop. When I'm off duty, I don't give a shat........unless I want to.

Plus, I don't want to draw any attention to myself. If I decide to let the world know I'm a cop, it'll be on my terms.
        +1
        sigpic

" 'Blessed are the Peacemakers', is, I suppose, to be understood in the other world, for in this one they are frequently cursed." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

This is a perfect example....

So people don't ask me mundane police-related questions!!
          "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Same reasons other professionals dont want to people to know what they do. Such as Doctors, because people want free doctor advice, or a lawyer, because they want free law advice. Police, because they want to tell you about their ticket they got and how much they hate cops. Secondly you may want to work undercover one day and everyone knowing your a cop does not help that.

Comment

When the black and white is parked in the driveway it's a little hard for people to not know what you do

Comment

Originally posted by c3troop View Post
                When the black and white is parked in the driveway it's a little hard for people to not know what you do
                Are you a mechanic that fixes police cars?? I don't understand, please elaborate.....

Comment

Originally posted by c3troop View Post
                  Originally posted by iamacop View Post
                  Are you a mechanic that fixes police cars?? I don't understand, please elaborate.....
                  One evening when I was visiting the soon to be in-laws, their newly moved in neighbor was out front watering his lawn, standing 3 feet away from his police car, and my girlfriend's mother greets him and asks, "So, Steve, what do you do for a living?"

My face then became acquainted with my palm.

Comment

Heres your sign...

Comment

I plan to just tell people "I work for the city."
                      "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

Originally posted by adeutch View Post
                        I plan to just tell people "I work for the city."

Yes, we are garbage collectors.
                        sigpic

" 'Blessed are the Peacemakers', is, I suppose, to be understood in the other world, for in this one they are frequently cursed." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

LOL, I just say that I help people with their problems.. Don't really go to much further than that..
                          "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck"

Comment

Simple I work for the road department.

Comment

I live in the ghetto. So when people see me around they ask me what I do, if I say I work for the city, they say, "oh, you POlice" so now I just tell them I'm a firefighter...
                              “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3391 users online. 218 members and 3173 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X