300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My DPD Academy Blog

Well tomorrow is the big day! The start of DPD Class #319. I am doin a academy blog about my journey through the process. PLEASE do not mistake this for me thinking my life is that interesting...haha.
    It actually started as a way for my family, friends, and fellow officers i used to serve with from back home to keep up wth my progress without me having to call or answer alot of emails. Anyway here is the link if your interested jcandthedpd.blogspot.com

Please DO NOT ask me to write about ANY "inside info" from the academy
    "Without Knowledge, Skill cannot be focused. Without Skill, Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength, Knowledge may not be applied."

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of the agency.

Go To Bed Dammit!!

Comment

Thanks JC! Good Luck with the start of the academy tomorrow, I mean this MORNING!!! I hope to be down there soon and be able to serve Dallas beside you and the other fine officers!

Comment

Good Luck!!!

Comment

I'll give you two words of advice on your blog:

1)Becareful what you post, as a lot of the stuff we learn is for "us" only.

B) There are a few staff members at the academy, as well as in personnel that are members of this forum....
          “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Originally posted by JTShooter View Post
            I'll give you two words of advice on your blog:

1)Becareful what you post, as a lot of the stuff we learn is for "us" only.

B) There are a few staff members at the academy, as well as in personnel that are members of this forum....
            Thanks bro...that was the reason for the note that i put at the bottom of my post when i started this thread.

"Please DO NOT ask me to write about ANY "inside info" from the academy!"

I def would never do anything to compromise the integrity of our training or the dept in general, but i do appreciate the heads up.
            Last edited by jc3855; 09-29-2009, 08:29 PM. Reason: type-o
            "Without Knowledge, Skill cannot be focused. Without Skill, Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength, Knowledge may not be applied."

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of the agency.

Comment

Best of luck to you. Our class helped set up your classroom and there are going to be alot of yall !! Take care of your business, stay sharp, and try to have a good time. Remember you are getting paid to recieve some of the best training out there so take advantage of it.

Comment

Good Luck JC, I like your blog im about to set me up one, in a couple of days and keep it running all the way thru the academy at arlington (October 19 to April?) I was just about to ask in a post if police academies allow blogs, but I guess they do as long as they dont go into detail. Be safe and I will be reading.

Comment

What no blog on how the first day was. Come on, don't act like your busy now that your in the academy....lol

Comment

Dallas Academy begins on Wednesday. Today is his first day.

Comment

Ohh I see, today then

Comment

Originally posted by jc3855 View Post
                        Thanks bro...that was the reason for the note that i put at the bottom of my post when i started this thread.

"Please DO NOT ask me to write about ANY "inside info" from the academy!"

I def would never do anything to compromise the integrity of our training or the dept in general, but i do appreciate the heads up.
                        Oh, I saw that part, just reminding you to double check yourself before posting anything

Have a good first day? Oh, and PLEASE tell me that you're not the guy with the mohawk....
                        Last edited by JTShooter; 09-30-2009, 07:29 PM.

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Originally posted by Outshined
                          How does anyone have time to do a blog in the academy. We started at 0600 ended at 1800 and had four hours of homework and typing of notes to do after that. 26 weeks worth.
                          We're only 0800-1700 (for the most part) and the homework/typing/studying is up to you how much you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Outshined
                            I would rather do the homework, typing, and studying rather than documenting my academy trials and tribulations, no offense. And on that note, if we didn't do it we stood at attention for hours on end while the rest of the cadets threw crap at us, and made fun of our butts.
                            I agree with ya. I take care of business then play around, but different strokes for different folks

Comment

JTshooter what week are you in?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5457 users online. 302 members and 5155 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X