300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any current Dallas PD officers?

Just wondering if any of our current DPD guys or gals had any last minute words of wisdom for the newbies of Class 319?
    "Without Knowledge, Skill cannot be focused. Without Skill, Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength, Knowledge may not be applied."

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of the agency.

Respect the upperclassman and don't take anything personal. Pain is weakness leaving the body and you'll all experience it.

Comment

Respect the upperclassman...hahaha....dude just have fun in the 8 months you are there. Remember you are getting paid full salary, have weekends off and work an 8 hr shift..that's life. Just pay attention and study for the tests and you will do fine.

Comment

Thanks guys! Im lookin forward to it. I appreciate the good words.
        "Without Knowledge, Skill cannot be focused. Without Skill, Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength, Knowledge may not be applied."

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of the agency.

Comment

Originally posted by jewhitney85 View Post
          Respect the upperclassman and don't take anything personal.
          One can be courteous, but respect needs to be earned.

Comment

............ +1

Comment

Get used to saying "sir" and "ma'am".... a lot.

Good luck.
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
              and I'm not sure about the former.
              -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

I'm not sworn yet, but I can give you some advice on the academy.

Pay attention to detail.
                “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Thanks "blue eyes" ive got a little jump start on the ma'am and sir part....i grew up in the south... gotta make mamma proud!

Thanks for the heads up "JT"...I will def be doin my best to do that! and hey you dont need to be sworn to pass on advice on this subject...you are currently livin it!

Comment

To class 319 good luck on Friday...... ;-)

Comment

I'm current, I made a post in someone's thread titled "My DPD Academy Blog" or something to that effect. BUt if you have any questions, shoot.

Comment

Got it and responded...thanks bro

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4274 users online. 220 members and 4054 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X