300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the new DPS recruits

Guys,, I know ya'll will start heading down in th next couple days so I wanted to get this in. I wish ya'll th best of luck. I know its exciting/nerve racking times. For those of you leaving behind a family for the first time, dont let the initial loneliness make you make a rash decision. The first 2-3 weeks are the worst. After that, ya kinda get used to be gone. You all wanted to be a Trooper, you all knew it wasnt going to be easy, so when it gets hard, dont quit. Suck it up, get through it, becausse I promise, in the end, it is 100% worth it. Hope everyone has shaved heads, are current on inspection/registration on cars, legal window tint, etc. If not, FIX IT TOMORROW!!!

Again though, best of luck to you all, we'll see ya in th halls during in-service and hope to see you all in the field in 6 months. Take care and God Bless!

Haha bell knowing your sense of humor I thought I would open this thread and all it say was "haha suckers.". You truly let me down

best of luck to the future Troops

Comment

+1 Good luck everyone!

Comment

Thanks guys. It's good to know that there are troopers out there pulling for us. Be safe.

Comment

Thanks

Thank again current Troopers! Bell, thanks for the kind words of encouragement! Its awesome to join such a great, respectable agency where everyone pulls and roots for one another to pass! Thanks for the opportunity to join the DPS family!

God Bless!

Zack
          Texas State Trooper

Sacrifice without Regret!!!

2 Timothy 1:7

Comment

Originally posted by bell4fan View Post
            Guys,, I know ya'll will start heading down in th next couple days so I wanted to get this in. I wish ya'll th best of luck. I know its exciting/nerve racking times. For those of you leaving behind a family for the first time, dont let the initial loneliness make you make a rash decision. The first 2-3 weeks are the worst. After that, ya kinda get used to be gone. You all wanted to be a Trooper, you all knew it wasnt going to be easy, so when it gets hard, dont quit. Suck it up, get through it, becausse I promise, in the end, it is 100% worth it. Hope everyone has shaved heads, are current on inspection/registration on cars, legal window tint, etc. If not, FIX IT TOMORROW!!!

Again though, best of luck to you all, we'll see ya in th halls during in-service and hope to see you all in the field in 6 months. Take care and God Bless!
            +1

Is this September class 26 or 28 weeks?
            **Courtesy--Service--Protection**

Comment

Thanks guys. I really appreciate all of the insight y'all have given us the past few months. I am very excited about this opportunity and hope to make DPS proud. Be safe out there fellas.

Comment

I am giving myself a buzz tomorrow! I should've done it earlier so I could have a decent tan on the noggin. Now I am going to look like a chemo patient. It is just a buzz right? Not completely shaved slick?
                I have a decent shine on my boots but I think they scuff too easily. I am going to need some pointers when we get there fellas. Some of you military guys will have to show me the tricks.

Comment

Kiwi, water, elbow grease, and patience. :-)
                  Police Officer / Instructor
                  Birmingham VA Medical Center

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."

Ayn Rand

Comment

Thank you Bell!

Thank you Bell!! You are a good man! I hope to meet you someday!

Originally posted by bell4fan View Post

Comment

Thanks Bell. Just one question, what would you recommend us wear when we get there on Sunday?

Comment

Your boots, the pants you will normally wear at the academy, and a nice collared or button up shirt. Look professional.

Comment

thanks for all the advice over the last several months bell4fan. We are in wk 4 now and it seems like an eternity until April 9th. That first sunday was a real wakeup call! We lost one guy not 2 hrs after they busted out those doors to get us in formation. I had sunglasses on and I was so suprised that I started laughing. Big mistake. One guy had shorts and flip flops and tshirt on. And he is still here! As for those of us on the forum. Myself, Boxer, Zack, and Chevy are still here. Judd and Nepats went home. Judd ended up with h1n1 and felt like he was too far behind to continue. He mentioned that in another thread. It seems like there were a few more suppose to be here but I can't remember who. Stay safe out there. And let us know when you are coming for a visit. We would like to meet you. And any others who are on here.

Comment

Oh yeah, Rak is still here, and I don't know who the heck LS198 is! Identify yourself you-hoo!

Comment

You know who I am, so zero the count.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4622 users online. 265 members and 4357 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X