300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trooper shot in Dallas

Carl.... check in when you get the chance so we know you're ok!

Trooper shot; standoff under way in Dallas

10:38 PM CDT on Monday, September 21, 2009

By WFAA-TV Staff Reports

DALLAS - A suspect in the shooting of a DPS trooper has barricaded himself inside an apartment in the 2100 block of 52nd Street in Dallas.

The trooper was rushed to Baylor Hospital and his condition is unknown. A Dallas officer was also injured and rushed to a nearby hospital. There was no information yet on how he was injured or the extent of the injuries.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Right in the heart of South Dallas... damn. What's that, a couple blocks south of the VA?

Prayers to all officers involved.
    sigpic
    Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Im pretty sure thats not the Carl that posts on here. I believe its a Sgt. that was shot.

Comment

Dag gum... Prayers out there and may God have mercy on the Bad Guy's soul...

Comment

Originally posted by ChevySSP View Post
          Dag gum... Prayers out there and may God have mercy on the Bad Guy's soul...
          God can have his soul AFTER Texas DPS and DPD finish with him
          "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Hopefully it wasn't our carl, either way prayers to the officers and their families, hope all turns out okay.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKingTrooper View Post
              God can have his soul AFTER Texas DPS and DPD finish with him
              Amen to that!
              Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

Texas state trooper shot while serving warrant in Dallas
                12:07 AM CDT on Tuesday, September 22, 2009

From Staff and Wire Reports

A Texas Department of Public Safety trooper was in surgery Monday night after being shot while helping to serve a federal warrant at an east Oak Cliff apartment.

A Dallas police officer was also wounded, according to preliminary reports, though those injuries appeared to be relatively minor.

A DPS spokesman said the trooper was shot in the abdomen while helping the FBI at the apartment complex in the 2100 block of 52nd Street.

An FBI spokesman said the agency’s bank robbery task force had been serving arrest warrants Monday night.

The trooper was reportedly alert while being taken to Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas about 10 p.m. The trooper, whose condition was not known, remained in surgery after 11 p.m.

The gunman’s body was found inside the apartment complex, which had been surrounded late Monday by law enforcement officers.
                -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

I hope he got the flashlight treatment

Comment

Originally posted by ChevySSP View Post
                    I hope he got the flashlight treatment
                    Judging by the follow up article for icecold, the suspect is dead from lead poisoning
                    sigpic
                    Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Latest from WFAA:

As of 2 a.m., his condition was unknown. A Dallas officer was also injured, but his injuries appeared to be minor.

Suspect is dead.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAggieOfc View Post
                        Suspect is dead.
                        I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

He wasn't a highway patrolman so it's not Carl. The Sgt is in stable condition

Comment

Thanks, c3troop. Good thoughts for a speedy recovery for the trooper and our officer. According to an article I read on ch 11 news site, we had two shot, but the second officer was hit in his vest. Could have been a lot worse.

http://cbs11tv.com/local/Dallas.Poli...2.1199616.html
                            -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the concern folks, but it wasn't me. My cell phone has been blowing up with people asking "you alright?"

Once again thanks for the concern, but not me.
                              GySgt USMC(Retired)

Once Marine, Always Marine

Courtesy Service Protection.............any questions?

Don't be a 99 on my route

Late at night a chill in the air, black and whites were everywhere, because nothing in this world is free, a Trooper's life was made for me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5035 users online. 273 members and 4762 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X