300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TX DPS Academy Sept. 27, 2009

I will start my adventure on the new, exciting challenge that awaits me at the TX DPS Academy next Sunday. I have been anxiously preparing my mind and body ever since I got the invite last month after finishing the lengthly hiring process!

Wanted to make an Offical Thread for this Academy. How's everyone doing that is attending this Academy? Keeping up with the running and preparing for the strenuious pt that awaits us?

Hope to hear back!

1 week in counting!

God Bless!
    Texas State Trooper

Sacrifice without Regret!!!

2 Timothy 1:7

Good Luck!!! Study Study Study.

Comment

Congrats on getting hired and good luck!

Comment

I'll be there Zack91. Just got the word last week. I'm excited and nervous at the same time! One week from today!

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the compliments!

Congrats Nepats! See you next Sunday!
            Texas State Trooper

Comment

I will be there too. I am anxious but ready to get started. In my mind the next seven months will be difficult but it's just a fraction of a long career with the Texas Department of Public Safety. Good luck to everyone that will be there.

Comment

Congratulations Zack. I will be there also. I got the word last monday morning. Exciting stuff! That makes about 7 or 8 of us on the forum who are going next week. Just got my boots today. Now I need to put a good shine on em. I am trying to find a pair of cheaper wrestling shoes than the $40 pair at Academy, I have a 20% coupon for champs but I cant find one. And by the way Walmart has the dickies 874's on sale right now for 18.50.

Comment

Are the general orders not something that they want us knowing?
                  Last edited by CTx6; 09-21-2009, 10:06 PM. Reason: deleted

Comment

CTx6

Hey CTx6,

I got my wrestling shoes at the new Academy by Memorial City Mall(I saw that you're from cypress area) for $34. But i dunno if it would be worth the drive for ya. Cant wait to start this adventure.

By the way, I was told to show up wearin our Trooper boots with a good shine, our dickies, and a nice collared shirt tucked in, with our face clean shaven and our heads shaved too!

Cant wait to start!

6 Days!

God Bless!

Zack
                    Last edited by Zack91; 09-21-2009, 10:21 PM.
                    Texas State Trooper

Comment

CT I REALLY think you should take those down.

I believe there is a reason why there isn't anything about those on these sites.

Comment

Man, I didn't see that someone already started a thread for this class.
                        anyway, my name is recruit Rakowitz, but you can call me Rak. I will be attending the September academy, and like most of you, am excited, and nervous at the same time. I am 37 years old, have a wife, and a three year old. I would like to get to know a couple of you as we will spend 6 months of HELL together. I created this new thread for our class to use and for those going into the next class to communicate. My friends and family can find it easily too.

Like several of you, I had a real difficult time trying to, get into a class. I started my process back in January. I've to Austin three times trying to complete the conditional, a couple of different poly's, sent home due to high blood pressure, etc... So, for those trying to still get in DON'T GIVE UP.

For those of us in the current class I will do anything for you guys that I can so that we can make it through.

Well, I will see everyone in 6 days!!
                        “I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.” Clint Eastwood

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will." Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by ChevySSP View Post
                          CT I REALLY think you should take those down.

I believe there is a reason why there isn't anything about those on these sites.
                          You can google it. It's not a big issue, there's nothing wrong with trying to get ahead of the game..

Comment

Oh well, I will delete them just the same. Just in case. If there available online there is no need for them here anyway.
                            I am Chris. I started this process in July and it seemed to go pretty smooth for me. I am sure the ease of the process will come to an end in Austin on Sunday around 3:45 or so. I will be leaving a wife and 4 rugrats behind while I am gone. But, hey a little sacrifice will make the victory that much sweeter, right? It is good to meet you all. I am in the Cypress area just outside of Houston. Any of you guys who are going from this area. Myself and Boxer4 are meeting up at 290 and Fry to head that way together. We will leave from there no later than 1:15. If you are interested in caravaning, or carpooling for that matter, let us know, we will be getting a bite to eat before we leave.

Comment

All you guys that are going to the academy from this site, you guys should build a study group together.

I have told a few people in pm's how important study groups are. If there was one thing I could change, when I went through, I would have jumped in a study group from day one instead of waiting until week 11.
                              GySgt USMC(Retired)

Once Marine, Always Marine

Courtesy Service Protection.............any questions?

Don't be a 99 on my route

Late at night a chill in the air, black and whites were everywhere, because nothing in this world is free, a Trooper's life was made for me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5074 users online. 291 members and 4783 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X