300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Texas Tags

Now that TXDOT has started issuing the new redesigned tags, I'd like to know what y'all think about them. I personally have no use for them. The blue letters blend in to the blue on top of the plate and are thinner and harder to read, especially at night

http://dallas.ismyhome.com/wp-conten...8/02/plate.JPG
    sigpic

" 'Blessed are the Peacemakers', is, I suppose, to be understood in the other world, for in this one they are frequently cursed." - Benjamin Franklin

Actually, the numbers are black. I don't have a problem with them. So far, they seem better than the old plates. We have a lot of dirt roads around here and the dirt would build up in the numbers on the old tags making them hard to read at night.
    sigpic
    Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Ok, black, my mistake. I'm glad you like them, you're the first LEO I know who does. I still think they blend in too much with the blue background making them hard to read at night. You have to get right on top of them to make out what they are. Aside from that, they look like a little kid drew them with crayons.
      sigpic

" 'Blessed are the Peacemakers', is, I suppose, to be understood in the other world, for in this one they are frequently cursed." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by kcso View Post
        I still think they blend in too much with the blue background making them hard to read at night. You have to get right on top of them to make out what they are. Aside from that, they look like a little kid drew them with crayons.
        Same here. Too hard to read. A great idea to put dark letters on a dark background.

Comment

Don't like em at all.
          Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

I'll echo the "hard to read" statement and also say that they look like they were designed (fonts, that squiggly line) in the early 1990's.

Comment

yeah to me they're pretty ugly. Also for the first week or so after they started coming out dispatch couldnt run them for some reason.

Comment

I don't like them.

Comment

Just curious, but do the deciding powers that be who created these stupid things actually talk to LEO's before the design process starts?

Comment

I do not like them!!!! The numbers and letters are way too thin. I have noticed at nighttime hours, the plate is kinda hard to read. I have to get closer than usual behind the other vehicle to read the plate. The black numbers/letters do blend in with the blue multicolored background. I like the old-style white reflectorized plates with the bigger punched out numbers/letters.
                    When seconds count, we are ONLY minutes away!!!

Comment

Originally posted by usmcrob View Post
                      Just curious, but do the deciding powers that be who created these stupid things actually talk to LEO's before the design process starts?
                      They had several designs and allowed the public to vote on them. The problem could have been addressed then, but the popular choice won.

Comment

Originally posted by usmcrob View Post
                        I don't think they talk to LEO'S. It is evident by the design that is now on the streets and roadways.
                        Last edited by KB8315; 09-15-2009, 01:13 PM. Reason: deleted word
                        When seconds count, we are ONLY minutes away!!!

Comment

too many digits to read. bad! lol
                          Integrity First
                          Service Before Self
                          Excellence In All We Do

Comment

Working on Mids where it is always dark they are a disaster! You cant read them at all and its much harder to quickly look at 7 digits than 6, while remembering it.

I hope they change it quick before to many people switch

Comment

i dont like them...........
                              SOON----GLOCK 23
                              REMINGTON 870 POLICE PUMP-TACTICAL
                              SMITH&WESSON 642 AIRWEIGHT....5+P
                              RUGER LCP .380 W CT LASER SIGHT

SOON:
                              S&W M&P 15-22

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3126 users online. 157 members and 2969 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X