300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No bad deed goes unpunished...

Just found out my good friend whom i live next door too, and trust so much that we took our fence down between our duplex so we could have a bigger patio stole a gun and my ipod 8 months ago. he got slammed for DWI this weekend after the game and lo and behold the stolen pistol was in his truck. the LPD called and said they recoverd my gun but they didnt say who had taken it or any circumstances surrouding it. but, i find out just today he was in jail for 2 days for the DWI and he just came over after he posted bond, to admit to stealing the gun (most likely because he knew i would request a police report and find out the hard way it was him). so, my problem is that i just dont trust him and i dont think hes being fully apologetic, he was just letting me know the inevitable that i was going to find out (probably something his attorney said to do in hopes of softening me up a little bit in case i have to testify later confirming it was stolen). besides that, he didnt admit to me he took the ipod when they both magically dissapeared on the same night (very unlikely it was 2 different people.) anyway what kind of penalty is he looking at for DWI and possession of a stolen handgun and/or stealing a handgun?

I'd put the fence back up.
    sigpic

" 'Blessed are the Peacemakers', is, I suppose, to be understood in the other world, for in this one they are frequently cursed." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Prolly probation for the DWI, and prolly the same for the UCW.

Comment

Both class B misdemeanors. Unless it's the first DWI.

Comment

Originally posted by JBL View Post
          Don't challenge TCLEOSE just yet.

Just Kidding. Keep studying.

Comment

Crazy... Here in Minnesnowta, he would be looking at a felony on the possession of stolen handgun.
            The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "WCSO" on Officer.com.

Comment

Since when is UCW a class B misdemeanor?

Was your house burglarized or did he just go inside while you all were partying outside? if the offense was originally a burglary, he could be looking at a bit of time. Depending on his criminal history, unless it's extensive, he'll probably get probation.
              Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

DWI...if its his first then a Class B and probation most likely. But he admitted to you that he stole the gun right? Well last time I checked Theft of a Firearm is a State Jail Felony. If he committed a burglary to get the firearm then he's looking at 2nd degree Felony.

If the gun was not on his person then you don't have UCW.

Comment

Originally posted by kcso View Post
                  I'd put the fence back up.
                  I second that one. Maybe look into razor wire too. If you are renting, I'd contact your landlord and tell him about the incident. Most likely you would get a new neighbor.
                  "No one can make you feel like a turd without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Comment

I was going to say there is more than just a Class B here.

First charge DWI and other traffic offenses (Class B)
                    UCW because he committed a offense other than a Class C traffic offense (DWI Class B) so that make it (Class A Misdemeanor)
                    Burglary of a Habitation (2nd Degree Felony)
                    Last edited by SBean06; 09-15-2009, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jcastw View Post
                      If the gun was not on his person then you don't have UCW.
                      If the gun was in his car when he was arrested for DWI, then yes, you do have UCW. Doesn't have to be on his person.

Comment

DWI 1st is a Class B and UCW (handgun) is a Class A.

Comment

Originally posted by adeutch View Post
                          I second that one. Maybe look into razor wire too. If you are renting, I'd contact your landlord and tell him about the incident. Most likely you would get a new neighbor.
                          yep, the fence will be going back up. and yes, he just walked in the house and took it. it was never a big deal. i walked into his house all the time. we might as well have been roomates. pretty sad deal. yah i may talk to the landlord. i feel sorry for the people he does live. theres a girl and i know shes going to be scared now.

Comment

Originally posted by SucalT View Post
                            Don't challenge TCLEOSE just yet.

Just Kidding. Keep studying.

Correction: I see you actually graduate tomorrow. Brain dump after the TCLEOSE is a common issue. Study a bit before beginning FTO!

Comment

alright, im gonna have to be the uneducated one here...what does UCW stand for?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5496 users online. 302 members and 5194 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X