300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about moving...

Just had a crazy idea last night and am thinking about moving. No real timeframe. Don't really have any idea where to, so I'm asking here.

Currently living in the DFW area and been here for most my life. I don't really have much knowledge of the outlying areas and towns. In-laws live in Plano, so an hour to 2 hour drive would be nice. Looking for a rural-ish area with a decent sized town nearby, nice houses, good range nearby or maybe even shoot in my backyard, good schools (little one on the way).

I'm open to suggestions.

Killeen PD is testing. Fort Hood area.

Comment

Collin County, up north on the other side of McKinney. You can be in the sticks in a few minutes one way or head down to Frisco, McKinney or Plano a few minutes the other way.

The only range that I know if though, is in Plano. Of course if you buy some land then you can shoot all you want. You might want to check out Grayson County too, the land is still affordable there.
      sigpic

" 'Blessed are the Peacemakers', is, I suppose, to be understood in the other world, for in this one they are frequently cursed." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Northern Collin County isn't a bad idea actually. I would most likely change departments to the area. Benefits and pay are very similar in the area. Does anybody know of any departments that take laterals and have take-home cars?

Comment

Thinkin bout leavin, bro?

Comment

Yeah, thinking about it.....

Comment

Well good luck man... We just took an officer from Arlington. He said Dallas has a lot of problems. Not trying to trash yall at all, just putting the word out... Good luck man.

Comment

If I do leave, I want to go to an area and department that has most of my wants. (As mentioned nice houses, good range nearby or maybe even shoot in my backyard, good schools (little one on the way). I have a lot of good going for me right now, it's not all bad.

I forgot to mention the department stuff...

Must: Takehome vehicle, Good morale, Good support staff
                Preferable: 10 hr shifts, no rotating shifts, personal weapons allowed..

That's all I can think of right now.

Comment

Sulphur Springs, Mount Pleasant, Mount Vernon... come east on R.L. Thornton about 100 miles!

We have take homes, work 8s, consistent schedule, and a great relationship with the local SO (of course, my Chief is the Sheriff!) and he's also retired DPD and our new Patrol Sgt is retired DPD so they'll take a liking to you and you may like the way they work.

One of the best school systems in the state and low-low-low housing prices!
                  sigpic
                  Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Princeton, Greenville, Royce city are all semi rural and close to the metroplex cities as well.

Comment

Originally posted by beavo451 View Post
                      Must: Takehome vehicle, Good morale, Good support staff
                      Preferable: 10 hr shifts, no rotating shifts, personal weapons allowed..
                      Sounds like Mesquite
                      Last edited by JTShooter; 09-15-2009, 09:05 PM.
                      “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

If your thinking about Collin County check out McKinney PD. They're a pro-active department with good admin. They do have lateral transfers and are big enough to move around if you wanted. I believe they're working 12 hour shifts.
                        Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

I've thought about Mesquite alot, but I want to get out of the big city.

Does anybody know anything about Pilot Point?

Comment

Beavo451, I don't know anything about Pilot Point but if your looking for a well ran small town then take a look at Prosper PD. Small town with a good tax base. I know the chief and he is a good and fair man to work for. Good luck to you brother.
                            Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

Originally posted by Rush817 View Post
                              Beavo451, I don't know anything about Pilot Point but if your looking for a well ran small town then take a look at Prosper PD. Small town with a good tax base. I know the chief and he is a good and fair man to work for. Good luck to you brother.
                              Can you provide any more insight to the department? Their website isn't very helpful.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3319 users online. 166 members and 3153 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X