300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFW area tattoo policies

In light of Dalla's new tattoo policy, I was wondering what other agencies in the area have similar policies?
    I have one on the back of my arm that isn't visible in short sleeves unless I raise my arm, and even then it's only slightly. Would this be acceptable for most PD's with restrictive tattoo policies?

My dept has a restrictive tattoo policy basically, none visible, I use a tattoo sleeve to cover my one tasteful tattoo that is thorns wrapping around my forearm. I had the pleasure of talking with out patrol Executive Officer about tattoos and mentioned that with all the very qualified military people that we would love to have leaving the service, in todays time most will have tattoos. When I left the military in Early 06 after 12yrs EVERYONE I knew at work had tattoos. My Dept said they are going to start DQ'ing people with visible tattoos so they won't even be able to be hired and just cover them up at work. If your on patrol and you get a visible tattoo where you previously didn't have one you will be sent back to the jail and taken off the road. I understand the want to look professional but tattoos have become a common thing in society now. Even older people who always wanted one but knew it was taboo at the time are now getting them. I explained to think of all the highly qualified people with high discipline leaving the military that will be off the eligible list because of tattoos. I agree nothing esentric like full sleeves, naked women tats or racist stuff but don't throw away an entire pool of applicants for a tattoo on their forearm.
    Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

Irving PD also has this policy. Jaydub if it only shows slightly the article about dpd's policy said they can b covered by a patch or make-up etc. doesnt automaticly restrict u to long sleeves
      "Without Knowledge, Skill cannot be focused. Without Skill, Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength, Knowledge may not be applied."

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of the agency.

Comment

What is Dallas' policy, just out of curiosity?

Comment

One of the articles about the DPD policy:

http://www.policelink.com/news/artic...comment_page=3
          "Without Knowledge, Skill cannot be focused. Without Skill, Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength, Knowledge may not be applied."

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of the agency.

Comment

Link doesn't work.

Basically... no visible tats. I'm glad I can cover mine with a watch.
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
            and I'm not sure about the former.
            -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

Sorry link expired...basicly what "blueyes" said and if it cant be covered by sleeves then make-up or a skin colored patch will be used on areas such as hands, wrists, or neck.

Comment

I have one on the inside of my bicep that does not show in short sleeves, unless i raise my arms above my head. They say I'm cleared for short sleeves. Hope this helps.
                Academy Graduation Dec. 18, 2009

Comment

My agency doesn't have a tattoo policy. We have a couple of guys with visible tattoos on their arms, that are in good taste and no one says anything. I don't think we would have hired them if they were tatted on their neck, face or hands.
                  Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4488 users online. 312 members and 4176 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X