Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the Dallas Police Dept. provide take-home cars?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the Dallas Police Dept. provide take-home cars?

Does the Dallas Police Dept. provide take home cars? Couldn't find the answer on their website. Thanks in advance.
    FHP:

1) APPLICATION: 03/2010
    2) PAT: 06/2010 PASSED
    3) POLYGRAPH: 11/2010 PASSED
    4) PSYCHOLOGICAL: 1/2011 PASSED
    5) MEDICAL AND VISION: 2/2011 PASSED
    6) BACKGROUND: PENDING
    7) COLONEL'S DECISION: PENDING
    8) ACADEMY: PENDING

Originally posted by PS100 View Post
    Does the Dallas Police Dept. provide take home cars? Couldn't find the answer on their website. Thanks in advance.
    From what I understand, only SWAT, K9, and special units.
    “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Bummer....thanks.
      FHP:

Comment

yeah, sucks, but it would be damn near impossible to give a take home to 3K sworn...

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Yeah, Austin Police is the same, simply too many officers to assign take-homes to, from what I hear. I was just curious because if I ever do end up in Dallas I would probably live by Keller or NE of Fort Worth, and I can imagine the daily drive would add up. Do you happen to know if either Fort Worth PD or Tarrant County Sheriff's Office issue take-homes? I haven't looked these up but maybe you know. Thx.
          FHP:

Comment

Tarrant SO does not. I do not believe FWPD does either. Southlake DPS will if you live in Southlake, last I heard
            sigpic
            Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Yeah, Austin Police is the same, simply too many officers to assign take-homes to, from what I hear. I was just curious because if I ever do end up in Dallas I would probably live by Keller or NE of Fort Worth, and I can imagine the daily drive would add up. Do you happen to know if either Fort Worth PD or Tarrant County Sheriff's Office issue take-homes? I haven't looked these up but maybe you know. Thx.

Get a Kia

Comment

If you get on with most local PD'S that have take homes, you wont be able to live outside of the city anyways if you have a take home. I gave mine up and it was hard, but I did not want to live in the city that I work in anymore. Some of the SO's let you live within the county and get take homes. Ft. Worth dont have them either from what I know....

Comment

Originally posted by bikecop136 View Post
                  If you get on with most local PD'S that have take homes, you wont be able to live outside of the city anyways if you have a take home. I gave mine up and it was hard, but I did not want to live in the city that I work in anymore. Some of the SO's let you live within the county and get take homes. Ft. Worth dont have them either from what I know....
                  Us Florida guys are just spoiled, as every agency down here has take homes and you can live anywhere in the tri-county area (down here in the south). But that's only because most agencies are only 200+ sworn.

I realized that having a take home doesn't matter if you can't afford to live anywhere without having to work OT

Comment

Tarrant County Sheriff does if you work special units, reg patrol deputies do not.

Comment

Dallas County Constables Office has take home cars if you live in the county.. I work in the traffic division and live about 30 miles from the office so this saves me a lot of gas and miles.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10372 users online. 357 members and 10015 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                      X