300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas pd dropping police code

looks like the Dallas police department is doing away with police radio codes any comments, pros/cons

check out this news article link below

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.3d76b7a.html

Originally posted by Biggy Smallz
    Meh, they will still use the 10 codes. They are right now as I type. I don't think they will ever fully do away with them. There are just some things that need to be relayed via 10-code for officer safety.
    To be fair and accurate, Dallas PD does not use 10-codes now. We do, however, use signals.

Comment

It doesn't really matter..my computer still tells me what it is and where I have to go..they can give it to me in a signal code or right out...I will still be going..the same way

Comment

Originally posted by Biggy Smallz
        Actually they use both, just to be really fair and accurate. 10-4
        Dallas uses signal codes. Not 10 codes. SucalT is right. He and I have reason to know this.

BUT some do say 10-4 but we do not use the 10 codes like LASD or the Illinois State Police and many other agencies use.

Comment

^^^^^^^^In southeren Illinois^^^^^^^^^^^

Had to say it, if you don't get it I wasn't talking to you.

Comment

Silly rabbit, criminals know the ten codes just as well as the po po do. Ever had someone rabbit on you after they hear 10-99? Oh, that was fun!

They figure it out when exposed enough to it, no matter what is used.
            Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Originally posted by oafr234 View Post
              ^^^^^^^^In southeren Illinois^^^^^^^^^^^

Had to say it, if you don't get it I wasn't talking to you.
              HA!

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
                Ever had someone rabbit on you after they hear 10-99? Oh, that was fun!
                Many times.

Each dispatcher has different ways of telling us to secure our radio. Some say "Is your radio secure?," some say "Copy 99," and others say "Copy 10-0 for information."

I'm looking into going to an ear mic soon so that I don't have to worry about having the BG hear the radio traffic.

Comment

Double post

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4331 users online. 184 members and 4147 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                  X