300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some misc. Dallas questions

Hello, I had some miscellaneous Dallas PD questions. What shifts do they work, how do shift bids work, what type of duty gear is issued, and do they have tazers?

Thank,
    A.Bishop

Each station is a little different as far as schedules go, the majority of positions are eight hour days but there are some tens out there. "DUTY" gear is pretty well issued from head to toe the only thing you have to buy is the boots. That said there is stuff you have to buy for yourself in the Academy but its no biggie.

Comment

Are they 5-8's ?

Comment

to be more specific about duty gear I was talking about duty belts, leather or nylon and maybe who they are made by?

Thanks biggy smallz.

Comment

Safariland leather gear
          "Out of every 100 men sent to battle, 10 shouldn't even be there, 80 are just targets, 9 are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a Warrior and he will bring the others back." -Heraclitus

Comment

I don't know.... I've never seen a taZer. You can check out a Taser though.

As mentioned, issued all Safariland leather gear, except for the baton holder (Monadnock plastic holder).

Shifts are mostly 5-8s, some 4-10s. The bid is based on seniority. When your turn comes around, you can pick what station, shift, and days off you want from what is available.

Comment

Thanks for info and next time ill try and spell things right. So with the 5-8 you only get two days off?

Comment

Originally posted by ab04 View Post
                So with the 5-8 you only get two days off?
                Yes..

Comment

What about cars?

You KNOW what's coming next:

Take-home?
                  The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                  that we are all that stands between
                  the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

All 3,000+ or whatever cops get them

Comment

how long is their FTo program? some units here in chicago ride double, is that the case with dallas?
                      Waiting...I would rather be snowboarding

Comment

So I had a few more random questions while I wait out the time till I test.
                        -what are the patrol shifts
                        -what is the policy about using nylon duty gear instead of the issued
                        -what is the policy about using a duty holster other than the one issued
                        -is there a policy on how your duty belt must be set up or can you set it up to suit your needs
                        -does DPD issue take home radios
                        -Are you able to use an ear piece

again these are just some thing I would like to know, they wont change my mind about testing just thought I would ask.

Comment

double post
                          Last edited by ab04; 03-16-2009, 02:18 AM.

Comment

There are many patrol shifts, the standard 1st,2nd,3rd, watches with staggered start times. Then there are 4th and 5th watches which get a little tricky. But don't worry when you come out you will be on 1st watch for the first couple of years. Nylon is not acceptable you will wear the plain black leather. The holster will be plain black leather of at least a level 3 retention. While in the Academy all gear will be set up the same as everyone else, you can move things after you graduate to where ever you want them. You are issued take home radios so the battery will only be as good as you left it. And finally if you want the ear piece go for, After you are out of the Academy. Hope that hit the highlights for you.

Comment

Thanks allot! one more than ill leave it alone for a while, what is first shift since thats the most likley one to be on?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10393 users online. 407 members and 9986 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X