• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Worth Police Chief

Breakdown provided by.
    http://www.voteforbusiness.net/newsA...1c7c9d444c04e3

Patricia Kneblick, 51

Current position: Interim Fort Worth police chief

Experience: Joined the Fort Worth Police Department in 1981 as a patrol officer and was named deputy chief in 1996, the first female to attain such a rank in the city's history. She was named executive deputy chief in 2001. If named to the job, she would be the city's first female police chief.

Education: Bachelor's degree in political science from Transylvania University; seeking a master's in management at Texas Wesleyan.

Goal: To enhance technology, further develop partnerships with citizens and ensure that officers receive support. "I see no reason to shake up the Fort Worth Police Department. We're seeing crime rate reductions. We enjoy a good relationship with those we serve. What we need to do is improve on what we have. We have a great department, and I want to make it greater."

Donnie R. Marshall, 61

Current position: Retired chief, federal Drug Enforcement Administration

Experience: Marshall joined the DEA in 1969 and worked his way up to become the administrator in 1999 before retiring in 2001. Marshall has some Fort Worth roots. In the early 1990s, he headed the opening of the DEA's Aviation Operations Center at Alliance Airport. From 2004-06, Marshall was president of a company that specializes in security background checks.

Education: Bachelor's degree in economics/chemistry from Stephen F. Austin State University

Goal: Marshall said he wants to build on the police approach that already exists. "I understand that Fort Worth is a diverse community, and I would want the department to continue working with that community in a mutually respectful and dignified manner. A police department cannot succeed without the support of the community."

Joseph Costa, 55

Current position: Assistant chief deputy, Dallas County Sheriff's Office

Experience: Began as a trooper in 1978 with the Massachusetts State Police and rose to unit commander of the investigation unit assigned to the Bristol County district attorney's office. He retired in 2003 and went to work as a sergeant-investigator for the Texas Lottery Commission. In 2005, he worked a short stint as an investigator with the Dallas County district attorney's office before joining the sheriff's office that July.

Education: Bachelor's degree in psychology from St. Bonaventure University and a master's in criminal justice and education from Boston University.

Goal: Continue, expand and enhance current programs within the community that are working and evaluate what needs to be implemented to carry the department into the future. "They have a great community police program and crime-reduction plan. I would like to develop a long-range plan for the department that would coincide with the growth of the city. I would like to assess the whole department and see what would need immediate attention."

Steve Chaney, 49

Current position: Assistant police chief over support operations, Arlington Police Department

Experience: Began as a trooper with the Maryland State Police in 1982 and rose to lieutenant colonel over the special-operations division. Retired in 2004 and served as the governor-appointed superintendent of the Maryland Natural Resource Police before joining the Arlington department in 2007.

Education: Bachelor's degree in leadership and management and a master's in management from Johns Hopkins University.

Goal: To evaluate the department's needs and look for ways to make the community safer. "You give them direction, and you let them go and do their thing. There's no doubt in my mind there are many qualified men and women in the Police Department in Fort Worth, doing an outstanding job every day. There's always room for improvement. You can't rest on your laurels. If you're not moving forward, you're regressing."

Jeff Halstead, 44

Current position: Police commander with the city of Phoenix Homeland Defense Bureau

Experience: Halstead joined the Phoenix Police Department in 1988 as a patrol officer. He has been police sergeant for media relations, traffic enforcement and field training. Helped plan security efforts for Phoenix's Super Bowl efforts in 2008.

Education: Bachelor's degree in law enforcement administration from Ottawa University and a master's in educational leadership from Northern Arizona University.

Goal: Halstead, whose wife has relatives living in Frisco and Garland, says he wants to spend time studying what makes Fort Worth successful. "Fort Worth has an unbelievable reputation for community support."

George Turner, 49

Current position: Deputy police chief, Atlanta

Experience: Turner joined the Atlanta Police Department in 1981. During his career, he has been a detective, sergeant, and as a lieutenant responsible for family and youth services and human resources. As a lieutenant, he was a shift commander for the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta.

Education: Bachelor's degree in criminal justice from Saint Leo University in Florida.

Goal: Turner said it is too early to say what he would do, but said he liked "the sense of family in Fort Worth."

Who do you want, and why? Results private, opinions not.
    Patricia Kneblick (FWPD)
    40.63%
    Donnie R. Marshall (DEA)
    6.25%
    Joseph Costa (DCSO)
    6.25%
    Steve Chaney (ArlingtonPD)
    12.50%
    Jeff Halstead (Phoenix Homeland Defense)
    25.00%
    George Turner (AtlantaPD)
    9.38%
    Last edited by NSAPoland; 09-21-2008, 04:33 PM.
    Romans 13:4 "For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

Personally from what you posted I would say Chaney or the female who is acting as Chief right now. The others seem to have held jobs that dealt more outside of the patrol aspect, which to me is the most important part of LE. I wonder how well a person can lead a department when you're spending time doing lottery commission work or the Aviation operations unit. I think the current interim chief said it best in that they have a great police department right now, just move forward.

I could be way off, but I'd prefer a chief thats spent more time around the streets then stamping paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en View Post
      Personally from what you posted I would say Chaney or the female who is acting as Chief right now. The others seem to have held jobs that dealt more outside of the patrol aspect, which to me is the most important part of LE. I wonder how well a person can lead a department when you're spending time doing lottery commission work or the Aviation operations unit. I think the current interim chief said it best in that they have a great police department right now, just move forward.

I could be way off, but I'd prefer a chief thats spent more time around the streets then stamping paper.
      I would disagree 100% with your choices.

The Female cheif now isnt doing to good and i doubt she will be kept.

Anyone from Arlington is a bad choice. Great example is the Tarrant CO SO. What a joke that place is.

I am not excited by any of these choices as i would bet they will not keep the old school tradition Fort Worth is known for. but Jeff Halstead, 44 seems to be the best just out of the little paragraphs posted here.

Also Dallas Co SO isnt a bad dept so Joseph Costa, 55 might not be a bad pick either.

I would like who ever was like Mendoza.
      Last edited by Tmg; 09-23-2008, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
        I would disagree 100% with your choices.

The Female cheif now isnt doing to good and i doubt she will be kept.

Anyone from Arlington is a bad choice. Great example is the Tarrant CO SO. What a joke that place is.

I am not excited by any of these choices as i would bet they will not keep the old school tradition Fort Worth is known for. but Jeff Halstead, 44 seems to be the best just out of the little paragraphs posted here.

Also Dallas Co SO isnt a bad dept so Joseph Costa, 55 might not be a bad pick either.

I would like who ever was like Mendoza.
        Well I would agree with you on the old school policing... but I am afraid a lot of those leaders are retiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en View Post
          Well I would agree with you on the old school policing... but I am afraid a lot of those leaders are retiring.
          Yeah we now have all businessmen as chiefs and not cops

Comment

Yeah we now have all businessmen as chiefs and not cops
            Very very true.

Comment

Ok, Ya know what. Clown on the Sheriff all you want, but he is not my Dept. My dept is made up of the men and women doing the best they can to survive in the environment he creates, and were doing a darn good job of it too. Also to defend Arlington…don’t judge them by who Anderson is. There are many damn good cops in Arlington. Don’t get the 2 confused; Anderson is no cop…he a Politian. That’s why he’s a bad Sheriff. So to steal a quote from Super Troopers... "You can’t lump us in with that fu*in Martian!"

And if you think we need help....and are a resident of Tarrant County.....Vote for Pope...no seriously vote Pope...we need a change.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE TARRANT CO SO!
              Last edited by TinStar77; 09-27-2008, 06:47 PM. Reason: addon

Comment

Originally posted by TinStar77 View Post
                Ok, Ya know what. Clown on the Sheriff all you want, but he is not my Dept. My dept is made up of the men and women doing the best they can to survive in the environment he creates, and were doing a darn good job of it too. Also to defend Arlington…don’t judge them by who Anderson is. There are many damn good cops in Arlington. Don’t get the 2 confused; Anderson is no cop…he a Politian. That’s why he’s a bad Sheriff. So to steal a quote from Super Troopers... "You can’t lump us in with that fu*in Martian!"

And if you think we need help....and are a resident of Tarrant County.....Vote for Pope...no seriously vote Pope...we need a change.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE TARRANT CO SO!
                I didnt not mean anything against the Officers with TCSO. You all have some great officers. The problem is you all cant do anything because of Dee. I have never had a problem with an officer from TCSO.

Its just not dee that i have a problem with Arlington over. Its the whole dept and how they work. I mean come on they have a play book for every call. They have step by step directions and how to handle a domestic. I dont want that at my PD. I like my freedom and i like to make my own choices. Also my agency boarders Arlington and we have not had positive experiences with them.

Comment

I didnt not mean anything against the Officers with TCSO. You all have some great officers. The problem is you all cant do anything because of Dee. I have never had a problem with an officer from TCSO.

Its just not dee that i have a problem with Arlington over. Its the whole dept and how they work. I mean come on they have a play book for every call. They have step by step directions and how to handle a domestic. I dont want that at my PD. I like my freedom and i like to make my own choices. Also my agency boarders Arlington and we have not had positive experiences with them.
                  Let's not rehash your issues with Arlington on this thread. I assure you, the 600+ officers at the department are not terrible cops.
                  No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it.
                  -Theodore Roosevelt

The views expressed by this screen name do not represent any civilian,municipal, military, or federal law enforcement agency and are strictly the views of the individual writing. Under no circumstances should someone consider the content of these posts to have anything less than a great deal of sarcasm interlaced throughout. Read at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamkn View Post
                    Let's not rehash your issues with Arlington on this thread. I assure you, the 600+ officers at the department are not terrible cops.
                    Again I dont have a problem with the officers just the dept. Im sure the officers have the potential to do great thing its just there PD wont let them.

Comment

2 part question.

1. Has anyone switched departments when only getting hired under a year ago and this being the first Police job? I know most people will say the grass isn't greener but my PD has A LOT of problems. I don't want to get into details but the problems are specific to this dept and old ways. Problems i didn't know about until after i got hired. Any advise with it?

2. Is it possible to apply at other places without your dept knowing about it?
                      Tmg, you posted this statement back on 5-13-08 about your own department. If you don't mind me asking what was it about your department that you don't like.

Comment

FWPD needs to go outside the department, at least this time.
                        Aim for Center Mass

Comment

Its just not dee that i have a problem with Arlington over. Its the whole dept and how they work. I mean come on they have a play book for every call. They have step by step directions and how to handle a domestic. I dont want that at my PD.
                          How many domestics have you worked as an Arlington officer? I have worked plently and dont know of any playbook....

Sure the dept is more reserved but we also arent getting sued and splashed all over the media. We are one of the most highly respected in terms of the media.

Comment

Originally posted by tanner1976 View Post
                            Tmg, you posted this statement back on 5-13-08 about your own department. If you don't mind me asking what was it about your department that you don't like.
                            I am not to comfortable going into details due to this being an open forum but i just dont like where the dept is heading and also because of staff issues.

Comment

Originally posted by rx8racr View Post
                              How many domestics have you worked as an Arlington officer? I have worked plently and dont know of any playbook....

Sure the dept is more reserved but we also arent getting sued and splashed all over the media. We are one of the most highly respected in terms of the media.
                              So because the media says so its true? Cause the media isnt biased or anything.

And i would rather be respected by the police community than the media. By police community i mean officers not politicians, I mean admin.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3703 users online. 193 members and 3510 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X