300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate DPS Question

All applicants, newhires and interns..............

Hypothetically Speaking (of course)

1. If you wanted to be an intern TOMORROW or ASAP, prior to the 09 class..........what is the very first thing you would do............then second..........third..........etc?

Sorry to sound so "out of touch", but there is a good reason. Despite what I would consider effort on my part...............I sit at home everyday wondering which way to jump and at the end of the day seem to get no closer to a law enforcement career.

I need to nail down something within the next 90 days or forget it!!

Patience is a virture my friend....esp during the hiring process. It's not an overnight or 2 week process. Most departments take months. Keep the faith.
    "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God - Matthew 5:9

Comment

stop settin around and get the application turned in. once that happens you will start the hiring process, and within 3-4 months, if all goes well, you'll be hired. call a recruiter tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by bell4fan View Post
        stop settin around and get the application turned in. once that happens you will start the hiring process, and within 3-4 months, if all goes well, you'll be hired. call a recruiter tomorrow.
        Which recruiter did you go through? Is one faster than the other?

Comment

After I put my application in I got my invitation with in a month and a half and started the intern program the following week. So just have patience. I was fresh out of the service and sat around too. Start running and get a part time job to pass the time. Just hang in there.

Comment

Originally posted by txboy View Post
            After I put my application in I got my invitation with in a month and a half and started the intern program the following week. So just have patience. I was fresh out of the service and sat around too. Start running and get a part time job to pass the time. Just hang in there.
            Thanks for the information. Which recruiter did you go through?

Comment

i went through the recruiter in garland, tx.

Comment

The one in houston

Comment

If you get you app in soon enough you can start the internship before the end of the year. They told me if i get accepted, I could intern in october and i applied last week in July. I won't be able to start the internship in october bc I dont graduate until Dec 13, so im waiting until Jan 09 to start.

Comment

Dps just got a great new recruiter here in san antonio as well, give him a call

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyEars View Post
                      All applicants, newhires and interns..............

Hypothetically Speaking (of course)

1. If you wanted to be an intern TOMORROW or ASAP, prior to the 09 class..........what is the very first thing you would do............then second..........third..........etc?

Sorry to sound so "out of touch", but there is a good reason. Despite what I would consider effort on my part...............I sit at home everyday wondering which way to jump and at the end of the day seem to get no closer to a law enforcement career.
                      I need to nail down something within the next 90 days or forget it!!
                      So let me get this straight, you are not law enforcement period, but you have all these strong opinions about how screwed up DPS is?

Please I am looking for some clarification here.
                      GySgt USMC(Retired)

Once Marine, Always Marine

Courtesy Service Protection.............any questions?

Don't be a 99 on my route

Late at night a chill in the air, black and whites were everywhere, because nothing in this world is free, a Trooper's life was made for me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3430 users online. 172 members and 3258 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X