300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New uniforms for TSA

So TSA got new unifroms and also now get a badge.

Starting September 11, 2008, transportation security officers at airport checkpoints nationwide will begin wearing new uniforms and badges. The new uniforms and badges are another step in the ongoing evolution of TSA, an agency that was created in the wake of September 11, 2001 to federalize airport security.

Just as the job classification and title changed from "Screener" to "Transportation Security Officer" in October 2005, this new uniform represents the highly skilled and tested nature of TSA's frontline workforce. Nearly 50 percent of TSA's current employees joined the organization during the agency's stand-up in 2002, motivated by a call to action to do everything within their power to never let another 9/11 happen again.

Below is a timeline that walks through the progression of our workforce, from a lighting-fast start in 2002, to the most trained and tested in aviation security

http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/091108.shtm

I totally respect what they do and what they have to put up with on a daily basis, but its a moot point giving them badges for a more 'authoritive' look for a security guard.
    I wouldn't trust them as far as I can throw them. I can just see them flashing their badges when they get pulled over and presenting themselves as a federal police officer. Just my opinion though.
    I wouldn't have a problem giving them some silver braclets.
    "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God - Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by rgv_cop View Post
      I totally respect what they do and what they have to put up with on a daily basis, but its a moot point giving them badges for a more 'authoritive' look for a security guard.
      I wouldn't trust them as far as I can throw them. I can just see them flashing their badges when they get pulled over and presenting themselves as a federal police officer. Just my opinion though.
      I wouldn't have a problem giving them some silver braclets.
      Rumor has it, that they have 2 choices with their "new badge".

1. Sign it out every shift.

2. Sign it out for a month, however if you are caught wearing it, using it, flasing it, etc...well I am sure there will be dozens of articles if not arrests made off of this new stint
      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by rgv_cop View Post
        I can just see them flashing their badges when they get pulled over and presenting themselves as a federal police officer.
        It's already happened. An officer on another forum spotted a guy with his gun exposed and a federal badge next to it. He read the badge and it was a TSA screener badge. The guy said he was a federal agent. The officer didn't know about the new badges so he didn't know the guy was an impersonator. It will happen more often.

Comment

Originally posted by SOI View Post
          It's already happened. An officer on another forum spotted a guy with his gun exposed and a federal badge next to it. He read the badge and it was a TSA screener badge. The guy said he was a federal agent. The officer didn't know about the new badges so he didn't know the guy was an impersonator. It will happen more often.
          Thats why you ask to see their LEO-ID, anyone can by a badge off the internet.

Comment

every time i stop a cop i ask for his dept id. Once i see it i will let him go. if not...

Comment

Originally posted by Northtechsan View Post
              Thats why you ask to see their LEO-ID, anyone can by a badge off the internet.
              Anyone can make an ID with the right equipment now days.....

My first LEO ID was made on a computer at work and laminated......

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                Anyone can make an ID with the right equipment now days.....

My first LEO ID was made on a computer at work and laminated......
                Ture. My first one was just as cheesy. Thats why there is usually a contact number on the back for you to call and verify. Required for Texas LEO ID's.
                Besides the TSA screeners (excuse me Transportation Security Officers) who want to wear their badges like their LEO's probably aren't bright enough to make a fake ID.

Comment

One of the first steps in creating a professional work force would be to present yourself as a professional work force. TSA was thrown together as a reaction of 9/11. They have had their share of staff issues and hiring less professional employees. I support their new uniforms and support their badges. If some of them use them wrongfully then they will need to be dealt with. I believe there are some good people that work there who will respect the power and limitations of their uniforms. Others will not and they will get into trouble. But for the good hard working Transportation Security Officers to be restricted due to the stupid actions of others is hard to swallow. How would you as a cop feel if you were told to turn in your badge and gun at the end of your shift? Ok some of you are going to tell me thats fine because when you are off you are 100% off. But we all know we enjoy the power of being a cop 24/7. Dont deny it.

I for sure am one who will bust anyone who pretends to be a cop.

Comment

Originally posted by StalkerCop View Post
                    ...But for the good hard working Transportation Security Officers to be restricted due to the stupid actions of others is hard to swallow...
                    Good hardworking Cops are restricted fairly often b/c of the stupid decisions of our counterparts. But that is a whole different discussion.

My opinion of the TSA comes from dealing with them on the job during off airport law enforcement contacts when they were the subject of an investigatoin.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6483 users online. 362 members and 6121 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X