300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TX Vehicle Registration?

I am confused. I thought the sticker on my windshield was my vehicle registration. Am I also required to carry the paper receipt of my registration? If not, is is a good idea to keep that in my truck? I was under the impression I only needed my DL and proof of insurance. TIA

The sticker is your registration. My paper receipt is filed in my safe with all my other vehicle related paperwork. Why do you ask?

Comment

Thanks. I am visiting family stationed on an Army base. In order to get a vehicle pass, I needed to present my license and registration. I told the clerk that my registration was the sticker on my truck. She gave me a difficult time. I am a recent Texas resident and questioned my understanding of the registration. In Maryland you have a paper registration card that you must carry with you in your vehicle.

Comment

Ah, I see. Army base, it all makes sense now. They tend to not be up to date on applicable state law. I got the same thing the last time I was on a base a few years ago. I got the same thing a few years ago when stopped by the Nebraska State Patrol too. Apparently I was his first Texan in quite a while because he was baffled when I told him the sticker was my registration. He went back to his car and started flipping through a book.

Comment

My sister had the same prob at the base here in my town because she had to get a base sticker for a new job. The MP's had no idea about how TX registration is. She even had them call me, i tried to explain, but they were as smart as a box of rocks. Bottom line is she needed the actual paperwork, so she had to go to the Motor Vehicle registration dept at the court house to get a copy. It's a hassle and inconvience, but has to be done. Typical federal Govt. stuff i guess.
          "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God - Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by SOI View Post
            Ah, I see. Army base, it all makes sense now. They tend to not be up to date on applicable state law. I got the same thing the last time I was on a base a few years ago. I got the same thing a few years ago when stopped by the Nebraska State Patrol too. Apparently I was his first Texan in quite a while because he was baffled when I told him the sticker was my registration. He went back to his car and started flipping through a book.
            when I was a 'student' in Nebraska for about 2.5 years, I still had Texas plates on one of my cars... carried the registration receipt with me, just to stop that confusion
            sigpic
            Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6225 users online. 349 members and 5876 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X