300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dps

I was wondering if there were any troops out there who could give me some advice on the Oral board interview. I have already passed all my written test and background investigation. My interview is schedules for Sep. 30 and I'm a little anxious about the interview even though all the troops I know tell me not to even worry about the interview.... Any help on first real interview?

Thanks

you have to just be honest in everything they ask you. your just selling yourself, so it shouldnt be hard.

think before you speak.

its good to know the dps chain of command, divisions in the department, and maybe a little history of the department.

remember everything you put on your application, and if you put it on your application, if they ask you the same ??, give the same answer.

where are you testing?

Comment

Thanks, and I'm testing out of the Waco Reg. Headquarters.

Comment

Originally posted by bell4fan View Post
        you have to just be honest in everything they ask you. your just selling yourself, so it shouldnt be hard.

think before you speak.

its good to know the dps chain of command, divisions in the department, and maybe a little history of the department.

remember everything you put on your application, and if you put it on your application, if they ask you the same ??, give the same answer.

where are you testing?

Thats good advice, remeber they are Troopers and they can see threw BS.

Comment

Waco

I interviewed in Waco on the 9th of September, not sure how it went, I left confused yet confident when leaving. Know the components of the physical agility test (bench press, run, etc...) Not going to let you in on the other questions as it may compromise the intergrity of the board, plus we are sort of competing against each other . It's not that bad at all really, although I think one of the troopers went to sleep after he interviewed me... Any questions don't hesitate to PM or reply.
          "To hell with a supervisor, men follow a leader" -Texas Ranger Captain Allee

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death."
          -Sun Tzu

Comment

txboy--in 12 days we're gonna be wondering what the hell did we get ourselves into, LOL!!

Comment

amen bell4fan.

Comment

i'll call ya next wednesday or so and we can make plans for saturday if ya still wanna go eat.

Comment

Originally posted by bell4fan View Post
                  i'll call ya next wednesday or so and we can make plans for saturday if ya still wanna go eat.
                  Sounds good man.

Comment

Ha Yea I guess we are competing with each other, however I do believe there is going to be room for several good applicants . But Yea i understand where you are coming from. I'm really not too worried, I've been schooled by several troopers in my area and in waco. I just resently finished an internship with DPS and I also work in a County Jail. I was just trying to see if I could get new info on the board. And like I said in my first post, this will be my first real interview. So you are applying for 09 academy also right?
                    Last edited by txjailer21; 09-16-2008, 08:59 PM.

Comment

So you are applying for 09 academy also right?[/QUOTE]

Myself, bell4fan, and c3troop are going to attend the academy that starts on the 28th of this month. So good luck with everything man.

Comment

Yep I am going for the 09 academy, congrats on the internship, I tried and got accepted to the academic internship and was told that I couldn't do it because I was not enrolled in an academic class at Baylor. Oh well. Like I said it's not too bad, just wear a suit, make eye contact, and answer the questions.

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death."
                        -Sun Tzu

Comment

Well txboy, bell4fan, and c3troop have fun in the academy wish I was in this one. Good Luck to all of yall. BaylorBearSW are you going to try for the paid internship? I'm going to hopefully conduct mine in Waco starting in January.

Comment

Yep going to try for the paid one starting in Jan as well as I graduate from Baylor in December. I am going to put in for Waco as well!

-Sun Tzu

Comment

Awesome, hopefully everything will go well for the both of us and we can see each other there in Waco.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4612 users online. 303 members and 4309 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X