Texas TinStar

What part of TCSO are you in patrol or corrections
    Lawdog TCSO
    In God We Trust all Others we Check NCIC
    well daisy if you do

Comment

Former TCSO CPL here...
      sigpic
      Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

I am on first shift TCCC.
        Don't expect other people to make you happy, Happiness is your responsibility.

Comment

Corrections at the moment. But I am hoping to advance soon.
          Last edited by TinStar77; 09-06-2008, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lawdog30 View Post
            What part of TCSO are you in patrol or corrections
            Read the profile hemroid... Just messin with ya Lawdog..
            Last edited by SPC-1; 09-10-2008, 05:58 AM. Reason: Im with TCSO too...
            He teaches my hands to make war,
            so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
            Psalms 18:34

Comment

Originally posted by SPC-1 View Post
              Read the profile hemroid... Just messin with ya Lawdog..
              hey now I got those cleared up
              Lawdog TCSO
              In God We Trust all Others we Check NCIC
              well daisy if you do

Comment

How long have you been working for TCSO Corrections?

I am currently working for a city jail inside Tarrant County, and I seen TCSO Corrections had a open position. Can you tell me what it's like, if you like it, and if it is worth the move from here to there?
                ALways know that your being watched from up above

Comment

Originally posted by TexasOutlaw View Post
                  How long have you been working for TCSO Corrections?

I am currently working for a city jail inside Tarrant County, and I seen TCSO Corrections had a open position. Can you tell me what it's like, if you like it, and if it is worth the move from here to there?
                  I have been here two years. I actually like what I do. I might not everyday but most of the time I do. It depends what you get paid if its worth the switch. Its like any jail you go to just bigger. You deal with more here than in a city jail. Tarrant county is always hiring. It just depends on what you want.
                  Don't expect other people to make you happy, Happiness is your responsibility.

Comment

Well... I make $16.00 hourly and some change. I work 12 hour shifts with 3 days off one week and then 4 days off the next. I"m 19 yrs old. I turn 20 in December. I planned on staying where I am at and attending the police academy at NCTCOG August of 2009 - January 2010. I'll be 21 by TCLEOSE test date.

There are you able to transfer from the jail to patrol, and if you can, how long is the probationary period between that? I've been here for a year now. I started 1 month after high school graduation.
                    Last edited by TexasOutlaw; 09-12-2008, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasOutlaw View Post
                      Well... I make $16.00 hourly and some change. I work 12 hour shifts with 3 days off one week and then 4 days off the next. I"m 19 yrs old. I turn 20 in December. I planned on staying where I am at and attending the police academy at NCTCOG August of 2009 - January 2010. I'll be 21 by TCLEOSE test date.

There are you able to transfer from the jail to patrol, and if you can, how long is the probationary period between that? I've been here for a year now. I started 1 month after high school graduation.
                      You have to be with the County 1 year before you can apply for the cadet program. They take 10 a year. The county is a good place to work but if you are looking for advacment to the Operations field, then your better off staying with your city. The only room for advacment here is inside the jail. Of course you can do like what most of us do, learn what you can while your here and apply for other depts.

oh and I make the same aas you but I have to work 5-8s......U guys hireing?? lol

Comment

Thanks for the information. I like where I am it's REALLY small compared to where you are though.

Advancement here is not heard of due to how small we are. Actually we are hiring. I wanted to go to your corrections officer school coming up on the 15th or 16th, but our department sent two others.

Comment

You'll like the Academy. The instructors are great. So is the LT that runs it. Great bunch of guys. I’ll tell you this, never go to a dept just because it’s bigger or pays more money. It’s about the people you work with and the respect your dept has for you. We work a tough enough job as it is to allow ourselves to be disrespected by our own Dept. If you have a Dept that looks out for you, keeps safety equipment up to par and keeps you learning and growing, then you’re in the right spot.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4536 users online. 251 members and 4285 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X