300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Houston Police Departments

Hey guys, this is my first post on this site. I was just wondering if anyone had any information on any of the North Houston Police Departments, such as Conroe Police, Montgomery County Sheriffs, and any others in that general area.

Montgomery County is a good agency. Conroe, from my understanding is a very 'cliquish' agency. Shenandoah pays very well. Most agencies up that way are good to go in my opinion.
    Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

I have been trying to get ahold of the recruiters from Conroe and Montgomery county to clarify a few things. On their websites they say you must already be tcleose certified or eligible for immediate certification to be hired. Does this mean that you have to send yourself to an academy and then apply?

Comment

Originally posted by FutureTexasCop View Post
        Hey guys, this is my first post on this site. I was just wondering if anyone had any information on any of the North Houston Police Departments, such as Conroe Police, Montgomery County Sheriffs, and any others in that general area.

I know that if you go there your backup is never far away. You have Oak Ridge North, Shenandoah, MCSO, Conroe PD, Constables, and The State Troopers all around I45. All good agency.

Comment

Originally posted by cjshsu
          "Immediate certification"...I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that means that you have to be ready to take the TCLEOSE test immediately upon acceptance to the force.
          Can anyone clarify this?

I understand MCSO has its own academy so it intrigues me as to why they would not or cannot hire from the outside.

Comment

Yea I here they only have classes once a year for their academy, I have a female caddet in my class who is planning on working for Montgomory PD, my current Field Sobriety instructor (no names) said they arent that good, and they rarely hire. If your interested in ISD's, HUMBLE ISD is hiring and they pay well, they even have a QRF

Comment

Originally posted by Airlinerd View Post
              Can anyone clarify this?

I understand MCSO has its own academy so it intrigues me as to why they would not or cannot hire from the outside.
              I believe both MCSO and Conroe PD both have their own Academies.

It's all semantics in what you're reading. My understand for MCSO is:

They're essentially saying you must be currently TCLEOSE certified as a Peace Officer or you're going to be hired as a Cadet (hence the immediately eligible for certification) and go through the BPOC course.

In order to attend the MCSO Academy you have to be an employee of the MCSO (their Cadet) or pay your own way as a civilian. I'm not sure on what that cost is on the latter tho.

I believe the starting pay is somewhere around $35,000 too. Not sure on what any of their incentives are as far as additional pay for degree(s) held, bilingual, equipment allowances or anything like that.

Also duty weapons allowed are varying. I asked specifically about the M&P40 and that's on the approved list...

I got that info from one of the recruiters listed on their web page.
              Exceed the Expectation

Comment

Originally posted by Longhorn View Post
                I believe both MCSO and Conroe PD both have their own Academies.

It's all semantics in what you're reading. My understand for MCSO is:

They're essentially saying you must be currently TCLEOSE certified as a Peace Officer or you're going to be hired as a Cadet (hence the immediately eligible for certification) and go through the BPOC course.

In order to attend the MCSO Academy you have to be an employee of the MCSO (their Cadet) or pay your own way as a civilian. I'm not sure on what that cost is on the latter tho.

I believe the starting pay is somewhere around $35,000 too. Not sure on what any of their incentives are as far as additional pay for degree(s) held, bilingual, equipment allowances or anything like that.

Also duty weapons allowed are varying. I asked specifically about the M&P40 and that's on the approved list...

I got that info from one of the recruiters listed on their web page.
                Thanks Longhorn; interesting. I hope the Magnum gets on the approved weapons list real soon!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4825 users online. 291 members and 4534 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X