Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Bell, how are things up Daphne Prairie Road these days?
    sigpic
    Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Hey bell4fan it good to know there are some folks on here from good ole northeast texas, and congrats on getting accepted to the academy and good luck.

Comment

daphnie road is as lone some as ever, LOL!!

wdenny--you trying for the march academy?

Comment

Several Places are busy

Lots of different places are "busy". The Valley probably has the most of everything i.e. McAllen, Harlingen, Rio Grande City, Roma, and so on. If your close to any metropolitan area there will be plenty to do. I was stationed in El Paso when I first came out, and I had a good time. There is plenty to do out there. I was stationed down by Austin for most of my career. I got into plenty there also. Not to say there isn't things to do in rural areas, but I've done both and the metro areas were busier. Its kind of like fishing in a stocked tank; your odds increase when you go fishing.

Rookies can't be assigned to the Tollway. Its part of the contract with the toll authority. You can transfer there after your year of probation.

Comment

I have about another year before I can apply, im just trying to get as much information about DPS so i can be prepared, also Chesty thanks for the information.

Comment

tryin to finish up college?

Comment

Yeah I want to finish getting my associates degree before I apply.

Comment

make sure you have those 90 hours.

Comment

Actually im going to use my correctional officer experience and college hours to meet the requirment.

Comment

roger that!

Comment

Originally posted by bell4fan View Post
                        roger that!

Uh it's 10-4 now, drop the roger crap LOL I have caught a lot of ribbing over that "roger that" stuff lol
                        GySgt USMC(Retired)

Once Marine, Always Marine

Courtesy Service Protection.............any questions?

Don't be a 99 on my route

Late at night a chill in the air, black and whites were everywhere, because nothing in this world is free, a Trooper's life was made for me.

Comment

Whats funny is the NIMS system wants to do away with 10 codes. so fire and rescue have slowly moved away from it. So on the fire department, i would be saying "recieved".

But yeah, the 10 codes have to be normal vocabulary now.

Comment

Yeah Carl... knock off those 10 codes... don't want to make DHS mad!
                            sigpic
                            Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAggieOfc View Post
                              Yeah Carl... knock off those 10 codes... don't want to make DHS mad!
                              Texas,

you want to know what the sad part about that true statement is?........Even the police agencies can't talk to each other and understand.

You would think 10 codes would be universal between police agencies, they are not, heck even in Texas some precincts are different.

DHS might be onto something by saying go plain text.
                              GySgt USMC(Retired)

Once Marine, Always Marine

Courtesy Service Protection.............any questions?

Don't be a 99 on my route

Late at night a chill in the air, black and whites were everywhere, because nothing in this world is free, a Trooper's life was made for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl View Post
                                Texas,

you want to know what the sad part about that true statement is?........Even the police agencies can't talk to each other and understand.

You would think 10 codes would be universal between police agencies, they are not, heck even in Texas some precincts are different.

DHS might be onto something by saying go plain text.
                                Yeah, that's why my agency is just down to the basics now. And dispatch usually doesn't dispatch in 10 codes, but it's what they get back alot of times.
                                sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4348 users online. 248 members and 4100 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X