300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPS Duty station

I read the following in the 2007 DPS annual report (pg. 44).
    "Applicants and the chain of command can sign a letter that guarantess that the applicant will be assigned to a particular duty station following graduation." Does anyone know if this has implemented? Is this only applied to less desirable stations? The recruiting section on the DPS website still says that assignments will be made based on the needs of the deparment.

In Oklahoma you could interview with the Troop commander and sign a contract stating that when you graduate you would be placed at that Troop. Headquarters allowed a specific number of contracts to each of the Troops. But as you filled out the application it states several times (positions are at the discretion of the chief of patrol) and if you have a spouse you both have to sign that declaration. It is not a legal contract (Troop), just a letter of intent. It is all up to the chief. They just want to publicly make it clear that you could be placed anywhere in the state, because you did apply for the “STATE” Trooper position.

Comment

You go where the department needs you.

Comment

yup. you fill out a dream sheet, put down the top 3 places( i think) you want to go, and why, i.e-own land have a house, etc. And they try to accomodate ya to the needs of the department.

if you dont get where you want, after 1 year you can transfer.

Comment

On a good note, everyone that graduate the last class got the region they wanted. Not the district, but the region.

Comment

Interesting that they would publish that in their annual report if it has not been implemented.

Comment

I believe that's only for people that want to be assigned to a hardship duty station.
              **Courtesy--Service--Protection**

Comment

Designated Duty Stations

For a little while they had a list of certain duty stations, that were traditionally hard to fill locations. They were guaranteeing locations off that list at the time. I'm not sure if they still are doing this or if this process has been tweaked.

Comment

Dps Duty Station

Could someone tell me if the city areas Dallas, Houston, San Antonio etc. are the harder areas to get ?. I am not sure but it would seem that West Texas would be the area where there would be shortages. Is this correct?.
                  THANKS

Comment

Vacancies

We have like 300 vacancies, and are hiring nearly 600 Troopers in the next three years. We have vacancies all over.

Comment

If you want to work the tollway in Dallas, they always have opening's there and I BET you can get that position easily.
                      GySgt USMC(Retired)

Once Marine, Always Marine

Courtesy Service Protection.............any questions?

Don't be a 99 on my route

Late at night a chill in the air, black and whites were everywhere, because nothing in this world is free, a Trooper's life was made for me.

Comment

Where are the busiest duty stations with Texas DPS located at and is it hard to get stationed at one of them and also, is the Dallas Tollway a busy duty station.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl View Post
                          If you want to work the tollway in Dallas, they always have opening's there
                          There's a reason for that.

Where are the busiest duty stations with Texas DPS located
                          What do you mean busiest? Like...most traffic, a lot of wrecks, DWIs, always in court, always on call, a lot of pursuits...you're going to have to be more specific.
                          Last edited by mo0n; 09-23-2008, 04:08 PM. Reason: I can't spell!
                          **Courtesy--Service--Protection**

Comment

What do you mean busiest? Like...most traffic, a lot of wrecks, DWIs, always in court, always on call, a lot of pursuits...you're going to have to be more specific.[/QUOTE]

Yes thats what i meant by busiest sorry for not being more specific.

Comment

well, a mt. pleasant character on here. im from the big city of talco.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5262 users online. 278 members and 4984 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X