Clear All

• bell4fan
    replied
    Man you really hijacked this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Bear41
    replied
    Wrong thread
    Last edited by Bear41; 09-22-2008, 12:44 PM. Reason: Apparently on the wrong thread to have question answered

Leave a comment:

• Chesty
    replied
    PT depends on You

I came straight out of the Marine Corps, and was in the academy one week later. The PT did not push me for the first nine weeks. After that it was stepped up a notch. Its challenging at times, but it never challenged me more than the Marine Corps. All you have to do is survive it, and don't mentally defeat yourself.

The key to that academy is to work hard, study hard, and keep your mouth shut. Don't step up or try to be a leader. Its detrimental. No matter what they tell you. Stick to the basic three things I stated above, and you will more than likely get the station or at least near the station you want.

I said don't be a leader, but what I meant was don't be a VOCAL leader. Lead by example. Be the quiet humble leader. They don't want to hear your opinions or thoughts. No matter what they tell you. KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT, and blend in with the rest.-----------That advise goes good for FTO after the academy also.

Leave a comment:

• ab04
    replied
    Thanks for the reply. So whats PT like in the academy, and what seems to be the biggist area that troopers go to after the academy?

Leave a comment:

• Carl
    replied
    Originally posted by ab04 View Post
    Any one have any info on what the academys like?
    Study hard, study smart. Learn them 10 General Orders. Study as much TCLEOSE material as possible. If you end up staying at the academy on the weekend, try and at least go watch a movie Friday or Saturday to break the monotny(sp).

Find a study group, and don't sweat duty locations until the last month you are there.

Leave a comment:

• c3troop
    replied
    One of the Troops can give you a more def picture.

But it's PT from 515a to 630a. Breakfast at 630a. Class from 8a to 11a. Lunch 11a to 12p. Class from 12p to 5p. Dinner 5p to 6p. Classes 6p to 8p. Lights out at 10p.

Leave a comment:

• ab04
    replied
    Any one have any info on what the academys like?

Leave a comment:

• c3troop
    replied
    Yeah I'm doing the internship up here in Austin. Yeah def meet us up at saltgrass, PM me and I'll give you my cell.

Leave a comment:

• txboy
    replied
    Originally posted by c3troop View Post
    Yeah there is I live 2 miles from it. I'm down for meeting if you want to. PM me I'll give you my cell number.
    If you would like to, I could try to make it up there. Does that sound cool?

Leave a comment:

• txboy
    replied
    Originally posted by c3troop View Post
    Ah I'm actually in Austin.

As far as how long it will take. DPS just implemented a new policy, it will take 45 days from the date of testing now.

Are any of you guys doing the internship?

I am in the intership. Are you?

Leave a comment:

• bell4fan
    replied
    ok, that'll work

Leave a comment:

• c3troop
    replied
    Yeah there is I live 2 miles from it. I'm down for meeting if you want to. PM me I'll give you my cell number.

Leave a comment:

• bell4fan
    replied
    my parents live in austin. im goin down there on the 26th, so maybe that saturday we could meetup. i believe there's a good Saltgrass in round rock.

Leave a comment:

• c3troop
    replied
    Ah I'm actually in Austin.

As far as how long it will take. DPS just implemented a new policy, it will take 45 days from the date of testing now.

Are any of you guys doing the internship?

Leave a comment:

• txboy
    replied
    Originally posted by ab04 View Post
    How long did it take you guys from start to finish for the whole process? I test in Nov. and am trying to get an idea of a time line.

Thanks

From my application to my letter it took about a month and half to two months

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2690 users online. 143 members and 2547 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X