X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carl
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by ab04
    Any one have any info on what the academys like?
    Study hard, study smart. Learn them 10 General Orders. Study as much TCLEOSE material as possible. If you end up staying at the academy on the weekend, try and at least go watch a movie Friday or Saturday to break the monotny(sp).

Find a study group, and don't sweat duty locations until the last month you are there.
    GySgt USMC(Retired)

Once Marine, Always Marine

Courtesy Service Protection.............any questions?

Don't be a 99 on my route

Late at night a chill in the air, black and whites were everywhere, because nothing in this world is free, a Trooper's life was made for me.

Comment

• ab04
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2006

Thanks for the reply. So whats PT like in the academy, and what seems to be the biggist area that troopers go to after the academy?

Comment

• Chesty
        Chesty
        • Jun 2006

PT depends on You

I came straight out of the Marine Corps, and was in the academy one week later. The PT did not push me for the first nine weeks. After that it was stepped up a notch. Its challenging at times, but it never challenged me more than the Marine Corps. All you have to do is survive it, and don't mentally defeat yourself.

The key to that academy is to work hard, study hard, and keep your mouth shut. Don't step up or try to be a leader. Its detrimental. No matter what they tell you. Stick to the basic three things I stated above, and you will more than likely get the station or at least near the station you want.

I said don't be a leader, but what I meant was don't be a VOCAL leader. Lead by example. Be the quiet humble leader. They don't want to hear your opinions or thoughts. No matter what they tell you. KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT, and blend in with the rest.-----------That advise goes good for FTO after the academy also.

Comment

• Bear41
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2008

Wrong thread
          Last edited by Bear41; 09-22-2008, 12:44 PM. Reason: Apparently on the wrong thread to have question answered

Comment

• bell4fan
            • Apr 2007

Man you really hijacked this thread.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12194 users online. 74 members and 12120 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...