300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas test/ ASVAB

Is the Dallas test anything like the ASVAB test?

Most POST test are a basic understanding of Math, Reading Comprehension, Verbal, and how well you write.

The ASVAB is Mathematics Knowledge, Mechanics, Electrical, Work Knowledge, Paragraph Comprehension, Arithmetic Reasoning, etc...which means there's just more VERY basic subjects in the ASVAB. If you passed high school, you should pass most Police Officer entrance exams.

Then again, there are some people who naturally do not take tests well no matter how smart you are. It's common sense stuff, and don't over analyze everything.

Now if anyone wants to add what the Dallas test is exactly like, please do so!

Comment

Dont know about the Dallas test, but the DPS test was harder than the asvab.IMO

Comment

Nothing is like the ASVAB!

Comment

I thought the asvab was a joke. made a 92 on it, w/ algebra 2 being my highest math. However, since I have been recruiting, I get to see every day how high school seniors, grads, even people in college can not pass this 10 th grade level test. take away the calculator our education system teaches kids to rely on, and people are lost. its actually very sad.

Comment

92? I'm jealous! Got an 89!

Comment

HAHAHA--Im smarter than you!!!, LOL j/k.

Comment

No it's really not like the ASVAB. Dallas test is super easy. There was only one question on there that confused me - it was a miles to the gallon question that was worded really terribly. Everyone I talked to after the test said that question was terrible. It's been awhile since I've taken the Dallas test but if I remember, there are 100 questions, some spelling, some math, some synonym ("pick the word whose meaning is most similar to the word: simple"), etc. Easy stuff, if you graduated high school you should make at least a B.

Edit: There may have been a question or two on grammar, such as when to use "your/you're" or "there/their", etc. Just remember:

you're: used in place of YOU ARE. If your sentence can read "you are going to the store", then you can say "you're going to the store"
                your: possessive - "your shoes". The shoes belong to you

there: a place - "over there"
                their: possessive - "their shoes". The shoes belong to them.

You probably have excellent grammar and don't confuse those, but it seems like so many people get them mixed up (especially your/you're).
                Last edited by TXCJgrad; 09-04-2008, 11:36 AM. Reason: add'l info

Comment

Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
                  92? I'm jealous! Got an 89!
                  97 here

Comment

Is there algebra on the test?

Comment

Originally posted by GSP2008 View Post
                      Is there algebra on the test?

I don't remember. There might have been a quadratic formula question.

Comment

You know I just took that back in August and there wasn't a hint of Algebra on the test mainly just addition, subtraction, some basic division. It's quite easy especially with the provided calculator.

Comment

GSP2008 are you testing any time soon?

Comment

Originally posted by CitizenJake View Post
                            You know I just took that back in August and there wasn't a hint of Algebra on the test mainly just addition, subtraction, some basic division. It's quite easy especially with the provided calculator.
                            Oh man they provided you with a calculator?!?! I thought POST tests don't include a calc, at least from the tests that I took out here!

Comment

Honestly you don't even need it. I used it once to get the average of 5 products and then never touched it again. Dallas has a very easy POST test, if you score under 90 percent you have a problem. Don't even sweet the POST or even the PT. I'd be worried about the oral board over anything else, that's how they weed out candidates.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6156 users online. 330 members and 5826 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X