300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Plate expiration

Why does Texas not put the expiration on their tags? I mean, I've been staring at them for years here in Oklahoma and wondering why. I have an MDT now so getting the expiration isn't difficult. I was just curious what the method was to the madness.

Thanks!
    -918-

Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness. James 3:18

Clinging to my guns and religion since 1975

We used to, it makes it a lot harder to steal them now.
    GySgt USMC(Retired)

Once Marine, Always Marine

Courtesy Service Protection.............any questions?

Don't be a 99 on my route

Late at night a chill in the air, black and whites were everywhere, because nothing in this world is free, a Trooper's life was made for me.

Comment

+1 for what Carl said......

Comment

I can see that. It crossed my mind but I dismissed it as I didn't think the government was actually smart enough to come up with something like that.

Then again, the more I learn about Texas LE, the more I think you guys got some good things goin' down there.

-918-

Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness. James 3:18

Clinging to my guns and religion since 1975

Comment

Haven't you heard, "Don't Mess with Texas"? ...and....home of the death penalty.
          "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God - Matthew 5:9

Comment

Yeah what Carl said. The only down side is....... my eyes ain't what they used to be. Years ago I could spot them is the right lane (on a 6 lane) at 40mph the other direction. Now, I gotta look at inspection stickers.

Comment

Because you can't register or have a vehicle inspected in Texas without insurance, crooks were peeling license plate stickers off and putting them on their own uninsured vehicles. The change to windshields made it a lot harder for an uninsured driver to make their vehicle look legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Missing-N-Tx View Post
                Because you can't register or have a vehicle inspected in Texas without insurance, crooks were peeling license plate stickers off and putting them on their own uninsured vehicles. The change to windshields made it a lot harder for an uninsured driver to make their vehicle look legal.
                They still try that with the new stickers too. I've seized many registration stickers from cars that didn't belong to the car they were attached to. Its amazing how many people will try to argue thats the correct sticker. That is until I show them were the LP number and the parital VIN number are on the sticker too.

Comment

Originally posted by Northtechsan View Post
                  They still try that with the new stickers too. I've seized many registration stickers from cars that didn't belong to the car they were attached to. Its amazing how many people will try to argue thats the correct sticker. That is until I show them were the LP number and the parital VIN number are on the sticker too.
                  ditto. I ask them to peal it off in front of me.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerPD View Post
                    ditto. I ask them to peal it off in front of me.
                    Same. I sometimes write for "wrong seal too".

I miss the old colored windshield stickers, that way you around January an expired LD for a mile away!
                    Make the world a better place....punch a hippie in the face.

Be polite to everyone but be ready to kill them at a moments notice.

Former 11B3P, airborne!

Comment

It's a growing trend, Wash, DC has went to window stickers as well to prevent THEFT.... NY and NJ has had windshield exp. stickers for years.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6388 users online. 357 members and 6031 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X