X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small towns

Hey all...

Well, I could not stay away any longer.

I am self sponsoring and going back through an academy here in DFW, currently in week 2.

I would like to go to a smaller agency and be a great asset for the next 20 years or so. I have some good experience to offer form SoCal back in the day, and the fire is pretty strong inside. Great physical condition, etc.

So, anyone want to recommend some smaller agencies here in the metroplex that you know would be interested in a guy like me? they can be outside the metroplex as long as it is not more than a 1 hr commute from the metroplex proper.
    Send me.

Originally posted by Raptor5191 View Post
    Hey all...

Well, I could not stay away any longer.

I am self sponsoring and going back through an academy here in DFW, currently in week 2.

I would like to go to a smaller agency and be a great asset for the next 20 years or so. I have some good experience to offer form SoCal back in the day, and the fire is pretty strong inside. Great physical condition, etc.

So, anyone want to recommend some smaller agencies here in the metroplex that you know would be interested in a guy like me? they can be outside the metroplex as long as it is not more than a 1 hr commute from the metroplex proper.
    What do you consider small?

Comment

100 or less..sounds about right.

I appreciate anyone's help...just trying to get some good spots to start looking around.
      Send me.

Comment

100 or less..sounds about right.

I appreciate anyone's help...just trying to get some good spots to start looking around.
        I'll recommend Farmers Branch PD... my brother loves it
        sigpic
        Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Mansfield is a great department to work for. Its growing, good equipment, good pay and a great administration!
          Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

Wow, you guys are giving me some great "heads ups". Keep em coming! Do you mind if I PM some specific questions to any of you on the reccomendations you have given me?
            Send me.

Comment

I will go ahead and suggest DeSoto. Good department and good Chief.

Comment

+1 to all of those the others posted. Corinth, Coppell, Allen, Little Elm, and The Colony are some other pretty good ones too. I hear Weatherford is also nice.

Comment

Wow, you guys are giving me some great "heads ups". Keep em coming! Do you mind if I PM some specific questions to any of you on the reccomendations you have given me?
                  Ask away! The more informed recruit the better!
                  Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

Check out the Kaufman County Sheriff and Forney PD, I know KCSO is hiring, not sure about Forney
                    "Out of every 100 men sent to battle, 10 shouldn't even be there, 80 are just targets, 9 are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a Warrior and he will bring the others back." -Heraclitus

Comment

Will do. PMs inbound. Thanks brother...
                      Send me.

Comment

I'll answer what I can about the Branch... if I don't know the answer, my brother will.

Originally posted by dfwblue View Post
                        Yeah, but they got this one Sgt over there... I'm convinced he's crazy... You know the red headed one from the sticks
                        sigpic
                        Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Originally posted by dfwblue View Post
                          You work for Desoto?

Comment

Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                            You work for Desoto?
                            Yes

Comment

Seagoville is also hiring, http://www.seagoville.us/avljobs.html. Headed there myself in just under 2 weeks...

The TML site can also be helpful, http://www.tml.org/classifieds/classifieds_police.html.
                              Opinions expressed in my posts are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the views of any employer, past, present, or future.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6690 users online. 364 members and 6326 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X