300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTSU Police Dept

I have an interview with this department 8/14/08, does anyone know If its anything like working for vanderbilt? Has anybody ever worked for them or has any knowledge about them?

i went to school there for a year and had a pretty good relationship with the mtsu officers because i had a job on campus that required me to call them at least once a day..... they seemed like a really happy group of people except the pay isn't all that great.... back when i was there in 2004, they paid less than $30,000.... i'm not sure if they broke the 30k mark yet or not

Comment

Originally posted by 1 TYME View Post
      I have an interview with this department 8/14/08, does anyone know If its anything like working for vanderbilt? Has anybody ever worked for them or has any knowledge about them?
      How many applications do you have floating around out there?!

Comment

Yeah, how many interviews have you been invited to?
        That's what they do, it's a trailer park.

Comment

I just fired some applications off to see what opportunities were out there and literaly all the places that I have applied to called me for an interview. It seemed like they poured in at one time. I believe in all I have about seven interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 TYME View Post
            I just fired some applications off to see what opportunities were out there and literaly all the places that I have applied to called me for an interview. It seemed like they poured in at one time. I believe in all I have about seven interviews.

they'll ask you my favorite ? sooner or later... "soooooooo, how many places have you applied to?".... my favorite answer is IF THEY HAVE A ZIP CODE AND A COMMISSION CARD, I SENT IN AN APPLICATION

Comment

Applied to MTSU Campus Police back in December 2012, and recently had an interview. I enjoyed talking with the officers, and met with the assistant chief for a few minutes. Any officers out there famillair with the department? Any information is helpful. And yes I do enjoy college sports.
              Last edited by JB157; 02-09-2013, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I also applied in Dec 2012, I had my first interview a couple weeks ago with the Chief and Lt. The department seems to be well rounded with a lot of great people. I enjoyed talking with both of them and felt pretty good afterwards. They stressed that the hiring process was a pretty long process but i do think it will be well worth the wait. Does anyone else have any info ?
                (Quote) The only good fight is the one you walk away from without any physical contact.

(Thanks dad you are my Hero)

Comment

I liked the idea of over time for football season. Graduation time is a given. But to get paid overtime for working sporting events, great idea. I too was told the hiring process takes a while. I agree with you, well worth the wait. The campus police have had to deal with a few knuckle heads from on, and off campus here recently. The starting pay is not the best, but there are a lot of departments in Tennessee that pay a lot worse. Still after taking with the Assistant Chief, and a patrol supervisor, I came out of the first process feeling good. Good Luck to you during the hiring phase.

Comment

Anyone recieve updates for the open MTSU police positions, Good luck to you to JB157.
                    (Quote) The only good fight is the one you walk away from without any physical contact.

Comment

Nothing yet trbarker3039. What about you?

Comment

Still waiting, haven't heard anything from the first interview. MTSU Hr page still shows in progress.

Comment

Same with me dude. "Still in Progress"

Comment

The last I heard from MTSU PD is that they confiscated a gun from a duly elected state constable.
                            That's what they do, it's a trailer park.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheZ71 View Post
                              The last I heard from MTSU PD is that they confiscated a gun from a duly elected state constable.
                              It's obvious you're 100% behind the "duly elected constable," but I don't believe it negatively reflects upon the department. Just because the guy was elected a Constable and serves some summons on occasion doesn't mean he should be held to the same standard as every other LEO. MTSU campus (and police) personnel have to weigh the risks and benefits of the situation and make an informed decision on the matter.
                              I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6108 users online. 315 members and 5793 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X