300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vandy to Metro Transfer

Does anyone know about the possibilities of transferring from Vandy to Metro Nashville? I know MNPD doesn't allow any transfers from other departments because of their requirements (ALL officers must go through their academy). Since Vandy goes through the metro academy, will metro accept them as a lateral hire and not require any additional basic training?

Thanks,

Call metro human resources , I am sure they would know. Metro does have a lateral class which is alot shorter than their regular basic class and goes over basically Metro law

Comment

I didn't realize they had a lateral. They told me they didn't. We had a few officers from other departments in our class who had to go through the entire academy.

Interesting.

Comment

Sometimes they run a lateral maybe once a year or once every two years. As a POST officer you can opt to be hired and go throught the whole basic class. But you must be really motivated to do that

Comment

Originally posted by jemnpd726 View Post
          I didn't realize they had a lateral. They told me they didn't. We had a few officers from other departments in our class who had to go through the entire academy.

Interesting.
          They have laterals, but they haven't had a lateral class in about a year and a half due to lack of numbers in their lateral classes. Most transfers are willing to go through the full academy it seems, so they really aren't losing anyone. I have heard a rumor that another lateral class may be coming in early 2009, but at this point that is nothing more than a rumor as far as I know.

Comment

Ah, I guess thats why they mentioned not having one. They didn't have one planned.

I'll call HR about the Vandy transfer thing. I'll post back when I find out just in case anyone else is wondering. In the mean time, if anyone has knowledge of it, that would be great.

Comment

So I take it metro doesnt have an out of state lateral program? Anyone know of anydepartments that are out of state lateral friendly?

Comment

Vandy and Metro had an agreement when they decided to allow Vandy recruits to use Metro academy. The agreement was Metro would not hire them for 3 years. They may not uphold to that but it would be worth a shot.

Sounds like to me a Vandy rookie who got stuck in the hospital not being able to be the police. Am I right?
                Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

I interviewed with them last year and they basically told me that I was going to be stuck in the hospital. I don't blame you for trying to transfer.

Comment

Actually no, I don’t work for Vandy. I was asking for someone else.

It seems like a good department but not really something I would want to do. I don't have a lot of patience with kids that know everything. I can handle a few every now and then but wouldn’t like working in a location where they are 75%-80% of our customers.

Comment

Yeah, no matter what academy they go through they will always seem like glorified baby sitters.

My brother in law is supposedly going through the Metro Academy with Vandy in October. Vandy is bringing him in a month early so they can go PT for a month. I find that hilarious because obviously they can't find anybody to make it through the Metro academy and are apparently getting embarassed. I assume if he isn't in shape by the end of the month they'll just cut him loose as a probation thing so not to waste anymore of their money.
                      Last edited by chevy5150; 09-02-2008, 03:44 AM.
                      You can teach a monkey to write tickets, but this was a REAL Police Officer: http://www.ncea314.com/bishop.aspx

My President is Jack Bauer, not Barry Soetero

Comment

Yeah, there were a few in my class that didn't make it (and there weren't that many to start with). However, it wasn’t just PT; some were out on the academic (mainly law blocks). I don't really get why someone would go through the same academy for less pay and less opportunity for advancement. I guess I see Park Police the same way.

Comment

What is Vandy? I thought it was a city until I saw you guys talking about hospitals and kids??? I'm confused

Comment

Vanderbilt University, it's HIGH class place
                            You can teach a monkey to write tickets, but this was a REAL Police Officer: http://www.ncea314.com/bishop.aspx

My President is Jack Bauer, not Barry Soetero

Comment

awwwww, ok, now it makes sense hows the pay? do they take out of state laterals? know of any departments that do?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5790 users online. 348 members and 5442 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X