300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MNPD Oct. 2008

got the call I've been waiting for!!! I'M IN start my pre-academy assingment in two weeks
    any tips or information about the academy wuold be great

Congrats. Don't take your cell phone with you and make sure your watch doesn't beep (if you wear one). If you have the nice little hour reminder turned on, you will run for it.

Just follow their rules, even if you don't understand them. They will give you about 50 or 60 rules/orders that you WILL abide by. They WILL check every rule. Its a lot to remember, but focus on the details and you'll be fine.

Wear a suit (pants and jacket the same color). They will get on to your for wearing a different color jacket (or especially not having one). Make sure you have dress shoes that are comfortable to run in too (don’t wear anything else like tennis shoes, black tennis shoes, etc).

Comment

I agree with jemnpd. Don't buy anything new. I wore a sport jacket with different color pants and never ran for it. I just ran for other reasons. They will find something for you to run for so get ready for it and don't take it personal. So, run a lot of hills between now and the start of the academy. PT is not that tough as long as you don't mind running or doing pushups.

Comment

Originally posted by palmore View Post
        So, run a lot of hills between now and the start of the academy.
        This is a good point. Don't run on a treadmill. I ran on a track and a closed road to prepare (both were relatively flat). One run down to the gate and back (which is 1/2 mile roundtrip) in the heat almost killed me. It is a nice steep downhill jog getting there, but hell coming back.

Comment

Do they still want you to run to their gate?
          That's what they do, it's a trailer park.

Comment

yep, they start it on the first day. Of course they make you run further, but they love the gate for a little non-punitive corrective action.

Comment

I'm also in the October 2008 Class. I was just wondering how many push-ups and how much running we will be expected to do in the beginning? I assume the push-ups and running will increase throughout the academy. What happens if you suffer an injury while at the academy?

Comment

jacks,

I would do as many as you can. You will increase throughout the academy. If you don't, you may not pass. They don't really look for a specific number as much as overall improvement while you're there.

I'd make sure I was in really good shape going in. Do as much as you can everyday to prepare (don't push too far and injure yourself---keep it safe and healthy).
                Last edited by jemnpd726; 08-11-2008, 02:58 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4599 users online. 274 members and 4325 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X