300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murfreesboro Police Dept

I have an interview on thursday with this department. Does anyone have any information about the hiring process, morale, training, or just in general about this department.

Originally posted by 1 TYME View Post
    I have an interview on thursday with this department. Does anyone have any information about the hiring process, morale, training, or just in general about this department.
    Hiring process- fast and furious. New budget just approved for 36 new officers over the next year. if you are interviewing this week, then they are hiring for the academy that starts in Oct.

Morale- The dept has some GREAT people working there. Morale for the most part is pretty good as far as I can tell (still a new guy).

Training- Excellent training. Period. Above and beyond what I expected.

If you have any other questions about the process feel free to PM me. It hasn't been that long since I went through the process.

Comment

Well I had my interview today and man was I in the hot seat. I almost felt like I was giving a speach to a small group of people. It went pretty good though but I will be hugging my cell phone for the possible phone call this evening for selection.

Comment

i got an odd letter from them saying they'll let me know if they want to interview me... and strangely enough they sent my resume back and said they don't want any resumes or attachments at this point.... i thought they'd want to know as much about you up front as they can find out in order to decide if they want to interview you...... STRANGE STUFF

Comment

Originally posted by stand_by_one View Post
          i got an odd letter from them saying they'll let me know if they want to interview me... and strangely enough they sent my resume back and said they don't want any resumes or attachments at this point.... i thought they'd want to know as much about you up front as they can find out in order to decide if they want to interview you...... STRANGE STUFF
          That is one odd thing about the dept. They don't want any attachments with applications. They find out all the info they want on you when they do your BG and with several history forms. You may however bring a resume to the interview and they will incorporate it into questioning you.

As 1TYME said, they definitely put you in the hot seat. It was the most stressful oral board I've ever had.

Comment

Yeah I did my oral board on Wednesday and got the call, and took the written test, and pysch test on friday. Tuesday I interview with the Chief.

Comment

Well good luck man, I did not get the call but maybe I will see ya one day up there cause I have an interview with MTSU on thursday.

Comment

hmmmmmmm i guess i know who ISN'T interested in meeting me.... as the world turns in 25 square feet

Comment

They just posted that they are hiring, FYI.
                  http://www.murfreesborotn.gov/govern...b_listings.htm

Apps accepted until Fri. 9/12 4pm.

Comment

does anyone have any estimate on how many people they're going to hire this time around? i'd rather not make the 45 minute drive to take the application if it's one of those deals where there's 150 people testing for 2 openings that'll ultimately be filled by people already post certified :-/

Comment

Originally posted by stand_by_one View Post
                      does anyone have any estimate on how many people they're going to hire this time around? i'd rather not make the 45 minute drive to take the application if it's one of those deals where there's 150 people testing for 2 openings that'll ultimately be filled by people already post certified :-/
                      I heard 10 more.
                      I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

we are hiring 9 or 10 last I heard. Why don't you just mail in the application? you have till next friday at 4 p.m. to get it in. As a side note, we actually hire a lot more people that are not already POST certified than those who are.
                        Last edited by JCT; 09-10-2008, 09:05 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

the newspaper said 9/19 but the mboro website says NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 4:00 P.M., FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2008.

Comment

to be on the safe side, get it in by the 12th.

Comment

Hiring Freeze?

JCT,

I just wanted to see if you had any information about the hiring freeze?

I know that they had the employment announcement up for last month and I got my application in.

I thought that since I had not heard anything that I was not chosen for the interview...But today I received an e-mail stating that they are on a hiring freeze and that my application will be active for 6 months from the deadline date of the hiring announcement.

Just wanted to see if you had any information that you could share with myself as well as all of those that have put in their application

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3854 users online. 246 members and 3608 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X