Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't stress yourself over your answers too much. You sound very confident. It's really easy to second guess yourself and your answers after you have time to examine the interview in your mind. They aren't looking for perfect answers. As you move into the next phase, just remember that sometimes, no news is good news. Every day that you don't get a thanks but no thanks phone call or letter, pat yourself on the back because you are still in the running. Waiting is often the hardest and most stressful part of the hiring process because of the worrying and second guessing of your performance. just keep your head up while you wait for the good news.

Comment

Wish I could have made it to the test. My current employer couldn't give me the days off I needed. So, I guess I'll have to wait till the next round (however long that is). How were the hurdles? I've never jumped hurdles before. I'm 5'11" and about 230, but I do run and bike a lot, and I used to bodybuild, so still a lot of chest muscle there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ejohnson View Post
        Wish I could have made it to the test. My current employer couldn't give me the days off I needed. So, I guess I'll have to wait till the next round (however long that is). How were the hurdles? I've never jumped hurdles before. I'm 5'11" and about 230, but I do run and bike a lot, and I used to bodybuild, so still a lot of chest muscle there.
        Ejohnson,

There were no hurdles, there were three walls that needed to be negotiated and those were not difficult at all. When we received the form detailing the obstacle course I thought it was to be much longer than it was.

Whenever I hear of them testing again I will be sure to let you know. The last time they were hiring they only hired two officers from the field of I think over 100 that put in their applications but both of those individuals washed out. So right now they are in need of 7 officers.

Of the 30 that took the written test, only 19 passed and 5 of those individuals were either POST certified or currently LEO. So as long as everything checks out I would assume that there is two open spots with 14 people still eligible up to the oral board.

-CRob

Comment

Well...

It has been a week since the Oral Interview and I still have not heard anything, which by what I can gather is a sign of "semi" good news.

I understand that it takes a long time before a decision is made and what not, but they are wanting to make a hiring decision by November and with background checks taking just at two months, I would think that word would get out fairly quickly.

Ah-well. Another day down that I am still in the running. Anyone else out there that is in the process also?

-CRob
          Last edited by CRobertsCkvl; 08-29-2008, 07:07 PM. Reason: Typed it has not been a week since the Oral Interview, when I meant it has been over a week.

Comment

no news is good news... if they didnt want you, you would definitely have known!

Comment

Well,

Yesterday afternoon I received the dreaded "Thanks for applying but we feel that the other candidates are a little more qualified" letter.

Atleast I did not get to background, and get turned down for something (there is nothing in my background I'm worried about- just trying to make myself feel better.)

Thanks to all of those who had commented on this thread.

-CRob

Comment

Originally posted by CRobertsCkvl View Post
                Well,

Yesterday afternoon I received the dreaded "Thanks for applying but we feel that the other candidates are a little more qualified" letter.

Atleast I did not get to background, and get turned down for something (there is nothing in my background I'm worried about- just trying to make myself feel better.)

Thanks to all of those who had commented on this thread.

-CRob
                Keep your head up. Did you apply to any other police departments?? If you really want to be a police officer check out other departments in TN. I think when I graduated from college in 07 I applied to almost 15 departments including local, state, and federal. I kept my self busy with applications and interviews and 10 months later landed a job. Keep working out and getting into shape and start on some more applications!

Metro Nashville,
                Knoxville,
                Chattanooga,
                Hendersonville,

THP
                Federal Officer
                Federal Agent

there is plenty of other officers under the TN thread that have more experience or knowledge with other departments in the state so I am sure you could find out questions or hiring info with other agencies!

If you don't mind relocating there is endless opportunities in this field out there.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by 2themax45 View Post
                  Keep your head up. Did you apply to any other police departments?? If you really want to be a police officer check out other departments in TN. I think when I graduated from college in 07 I applied to almost 15 departments including local, state, and federal. I kept my self busy with applications and interviews and 10 months later landed a job. Keep working out and getting into shape and start on some more applications!

Metro Nashville,
                  Knoxville,
                  Chattanooga,
                  Hendersonville,

THP
                  Federal Officer
                  Federal Agent

there is plenty of other officers under the TN thread that have more experience or knowledge with other departments in the state so I am sure you could find out questions or hiring info with other agencies!

If you don't mind relocating there is endless opportunities in this field out there.

Good luck!
                  I appreciate the words of encouragement. I am looking at applying to other departments just with my current employer it is difficult to put in the time requirements needed to actually test and interview with more than a handful of departments at any one time.

I have already used my allotted vacation days for this year and it is rather difficult to get additional time off.

So now it is time for Murfreesboro and Nashville Departments. Right now I'm at odds of looking for other employment that would allow for better flexibility in schedule so that way I can continue on my quest for employment as a LEO or to continue on my current path and just try and juggle my current obligations.

Thanks once again 2themax45

-CRob

Comment

Hate to hear that cookeville didn't work out but I'm glad to see you are interested in Murfreesboro. we are hiring a TON of new officers this year. Hope to see you round here soon.

Comment

JCT,

I noticed that the applications are due by 4:00pm this Friday. I did not notice that it was that close until now.

Is there no way to apply online? I guess if I put it into the mail today for the 4:00pm pick up it should be there by Friday.

What do you think?

-CRob

****Edit****Well I just found the answer myself, I can always fax it over. It says to "Carefully, accurately and legibly" complete the application, but it does not say whether to write or if typing would work. What is your advice JCT?
                      Last edited by CRobertsCkvl; 09-10-2008, 04:14 PM. Reason: Did not read far enough

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5082 users online. 268 members and 4814 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X