300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metro PD Shooting

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - An undercover police operation ended in gunfire overnight. Late Thursday night an officer shot in self defense - killing the robbery suspect.

Police said a local Pizza Hut called them after they received suspicious phone calls.

Don Aaron said 11-year-veteran officer Josh Walters, 32, dressed as a Pizza Hut driver and then headed to the address where the calls came from.

Police said when Walters stopped at the condo he saw 18-year-old Tyrell Chandler Wortham quickly approaching him in the dark with a drawn weapon.

Walters fired three times at Wortham in self defense. Wortham was taken to Summit Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.

Aaron said that Walters did not have enough time to get out of the vehicle and shout commands.

Police also said the Wortham's weapon turned out to be an air pistol that looked much like a real gun.

Friday morning, police said another suspect was still on the loose.

----------------------------------

I watched a show on Channel 5 where they let people call in and talk about the story and they had some real winners calling in. It pretty much sounded like this... THE EVIL WHITE DEVIL POLICE SHOT THIS INNOCENT BOY OVER A PIZZA.... THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO SHOOT HIM... THEY COULD HAVE FIRED A WARNING SHOT OR MAYBE SHOT HIM IN THE LEG TO SCARE HIM.....

I hope all the people in Nashville walking in little buddy's footprints realize that officers aren't gonna hesitate to protect themselves and put an end to nonsense like this. I don't care if it was a BB gun or a TV remote...... Don't be sneaking around in the bushes at midnight trying to rob the pizza man.... Or in this case, an undercover police officer.... Nobody in the history of police shootings ever got killed for being in the house at midnight eating a peperoni Digorno.... Have they? HMMMMMMM except maybe in Atlanta. But that happens when you can't read a search warrant.
    Last edited by stand_by_one; 07-25-2008, 05:51 PM.

clean shoot, case closed.
    I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

On the local forum, the friends of the deceased robber are saying the typical stuff like "da police shot dat boy over a pizza, dat aint rite, they need better training". It seems the deceased was the one who decided to die over "a pizza". Sounds like a god job by Metro.
      Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

Typical trash blame it on everyone else. It was a good shoot.
        Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

I agree, job well done by metro.

Comment

Of course those who complain are those same thugs who can't spell or speak proper English and make going to jail the career of choice. Job Wel done fellas. Case closed !!

Comment

Originally posted by mgaray9273 View Post
              Of course those who complain are those same thugs who can't spell or speak proper English and make going to jail the career of choice. Job Wel done fellas. Case closed !!
              Irony?
              What is Perseverance?
              -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
              -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
              -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

and the media goes siiiiiiiiiiiiilent. which proves my theory, the yellow tape comes down and life goes on

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3716 users online. 274 members and 3442 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X