300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chattanoga PD

Does anyone know what the physical fitness test consists of and what the standards are? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Adam

Originally posted by bullet126 View Post
    Does anyone know what the physical fitness test consists of and what the standards are? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Adam
    Not to bad...

There is an obstacle course
    Max pushups in a minute
    Max situps in a minute
    Max over hand chin ups
    Then a 400 meter run

If I remember correctly

46 pushups=max
    60 situps=max
    10 pullups=max
    less than a minute on obstacle course=max

and I can't remember the standards for the 400.

Not 100% sure on the situps max

Comment

Does anybody know when Chattanooga is going to be hiring again?

Comment

I just got hired on in Chattanooga. I start September 19th, which is next friday. I am really nervous! It was a L O N G application process. I applied in December of 2007, had my written test in January and basically once a month I would have something to do. It was a lot of waiting, but definitely worth it. Wish me luck guys.
        Tim

Comment

Good luck Tim!

Do you know when there will be another academy starting up?

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasm82 View Post
            Good luck Tim!

Do you know when there will be another academy starting up?
            I don't have any Idea. I was really unsure about when this one would start. I got my letter of acceptance in the mail September 2nd. So they gave about a 2 week notice to let everyone know. I go downtown the 18th to fill out new employee paperwork and then report at 7:45am the 19th.

I must say that the Chattanooga hiring process is a considerably more lenient than what I have been reading on here.

Comment

CPD hiring process

Hey Tim,

Congrats on getting hired, I just passed the written and am scheduled for the physical agility test. Just wanted to know a few things about the hiring process. I have some strikes against me. I had to file bankruptcy about a year and a half ago. I have had good credit my entire life except for the last 3 years or so due to decrease in the economy and it hurt the business that i worked for.
              Basically I would like to know how lenient they are in the hiring process?

Thank You

or if anyone else could give me a few tips or any info?

Comment

Originally posted by PO2U
                I think they need to do more to give CPD officers better pay and benefits.
                From what I was told when going through the process a year ago they had not received a raise in 4-5 years. After completing the process the starting salary was 30,120.

Comment

I am currently in the hiring process and was told starting pay while in the academy is $34,118 and academy grad $35,913, u can even find this in the application job info on the Chattanooga website.

Comment

Thats better than Clarksville PD, and its probably about the same size at Chatt.

In Clarksville its like 27k while in the academy then like $30,800 when you graduate.

They reaaaally need a pay raise around here....

Comment

Originally posted by 54woody View Post
                      I am currently in the hiring process and was told starting pay while in the academy is $34,118 and academy grad $35,913, u can even find this in the application job info on the Chattanooga website.
                      Sounds like they received a much needed raise since I completed the process with an offer last August.

The pay scale is the exact same on the website as it was last year and has not been updated since 2004/2005. I would make sure you saw that in writing somewhere. Step 1 according to the website is 29,437.
                      Last edited by 2themax45; 09-15-2008, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tturner View Post
                        Thats better than Clarksville PD, and its probably about the same size at Chatt.

In Clarksville its like 27k while in the academy then like $30,800 when you graduate.

They reaaaally need a pay raise around here....
                        whoa CPD is only 27,000 ? i started off as a jail deputy for montgomery county at almost 31,000...... i wonder if all those lawsuits against CPD has killed the budget or has anything to do with pay

Comment

Yea a deputy starting out makes as much as the Clarksville PD after academy. The Clarksville PD pay is a joke, thats for sure. They are losing officers all the time to Nashville, even to Hopkinsville. Its a little town about 1/4 the size of Clarksville just up the road in Kentucky, but their officers start out at like $37,000. Mayor Piper or someone needs to get on the ball around here and get the CPD a raise.....

Comment

Im in the process with Chattanooga PD and I am from Michigan. They do work very well with out of town people. I had my physical fitness test and polygraph the same afternoon. I did have the written waived due to having a degree. I also had the interview with the background investigator over the phone instead of in person which saved a trip down. They are flexible and do try to cut down as many trips as possible. I have only made one trip down there and have knocked out 4 steps. As far as lateral information I am not sure because I am not prior law enforcement. Hope this helps.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3082 users online. 153 members and 2929 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X