300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nashville metro Correctional Officer

I recived a letter scheduling my written test for Correctional Officer with Nashville Metro/Davidson County. Anybody work for them as a correctional officer? Can anybody answer a few questions about this department?
    1. How is the moral in the jail for employees?
    2. How much is health insurance and other benefits?
    3. How easy is it to move to the road? Metro or County
    4. Anything else you might want to add or think I should know?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Smurfette_76
    You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
    "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
    Unnamed inmate VCJ

One thing you should know about Nashville and the Davidson County SO is that in this county the SO only has two responsibilities, the jails, and serving civil processes. They do not patrol and deputies do not have police powers. The Metro Nashville PD handles all the police work throughout the county and they are two completely seperate departments. So getting on as a correctional officer will not get you any closer to the road.

As far as specifics for DCSO I don't know much but Metro as a whole offers fairly decent benefits. Hope this helps.

Comment

I responded to your answer in the Big House Forum here; http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67309.

Comment

Thanks all
        You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
        "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
        Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

Well I got scheduled for an interview 6-18-2007 at 8:00 a.m. Acoording to the H.R. rep I spoke to while at the testing. I can lateral over from DCSO to Nashville metro keep all my vacation time , sick time, pension, but I still have to go through academy. That is fine with me!
          Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6274 users online. 345 members and 5929 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X